chapter 1: a talk

Y/N's POV:

It was just another ordinary day for me, a 16-year-old high school journalist, with her royal blue moleskin and vibrant pink pen. During my study hall, I had an interview planned with a student actor that had just recently been recognized by UCLA for his star roles in movies such as IT and Guardians of the Galaxy, his name was Wyatt Oleff. He had done amazing in both and when this idea was pitched, I knew I really wanted to talk with this kid. He seemed quite intriguing to me. I looked down at my phone with a recent text from Oleff:

Wyatt Oleff:

Hey, I'll be over at the field in about 5 minutes, is that okay with you?

Me:

Of course :) Don't feel rushed, I'll see you then!

Wyatt Oleff:

You've got it! :-)

Damn, but let me tell you. I know I shouldn't be biased [gotta stay objective as they say!], but this kid is super adorable. His perfect ginger curls that fall upon his forehead, his beaming smile, and outrageously cute laugh. Before picking up this piece, I had watched many of his videos and interviews with him and the cast of It. His main channel videos are very entertaining. I mean most of them make absolutely no fucking sense, but the fact about how dumb and random they are makes me laugh till I was hysterically crying. He does very well at filming for his little videos with his friends, for instance, Jack Grazer and Jeremy Ray Taylor. They are both super hilarious and I hope one day I'd be able to meet them in person.

Horror movies are my absolute favorite, and after finding out he was in the newest rendition of It, a horror classic, I was excited to be able to talk to him about the whole process that came with the acting of the film and his role as Stanley Uris.

As I walked over to the shaded area of the field, around this one tree, there were mounds of small daisies, clovers, and asters. I took a seat in a small circle of just grass and set down my intact, stained yellow backpack and took out a recorder, a pen and an orange highlighter, and my blue notebook. I unraveled the strap from my camera and placed it next to my bag.

When interviewing anyone, I like to find areas that are utterly peaceful and find an environment where the interviewee feels most comfortable. When asking Oleff, he suggested picking a place somewhere outside in the building, mentioning how he didn't want to feel too pressured by other students around.

I started writing down a few notes about the scenery of where I was at for the little descriptive elements to my story, and next you know it the noodlehead walks over with Jack, Jaeden, and Chosen, laughing their asses off till he sees me in the distance, stopping to smile and I wave gleaming with a wide smile.

Wyatt's POV:

Chosen, Jaeden, Jack, and I walked over to the tall, thick tree where I was supposed to meet at for Y/N. When requested for an interview, I was beyond ecstatic. Y/N is well known at our school and is super sweet, and smart. I see her running around the halls 24/7, speaking with millions of students and teacher for our school Newspaper.

I shooed the other boys away and they took off to a table, a bit farther away from the tree. I walked over and Y/N looked up again with her cute smile. I smiled and skipped over- exaggeratingly.

"Hey Oleff, it's so nice to meet you," she smiled then gave me an inviting hug.

"Hola, it's great to meet you too, Y/L/N! I like the whole refer to each other by our last names deal," I giggled.