chapter 2: a closer bond

Y/N'S POV:

He held my hand the whole way to the local 7-11. Everything was happening all so quickly though I didn't mind, I was enjoying myself and his company.

We finally made it to our destination and he let go of my clammy hand. I wiped the residue off on my dress as he took out his wallet.

"Time to splurge!", He exclaimed holding up 10 bucks.

We both walked in and picked out some snacks. Wyatt got some Doritos and a Coke, while I got some Sour Patch Watermelon gummies and a Slurpee. We stood in line, paid for our snacks, and sat at the curb of the shop.

Wyatt took out his phone and started playing the song "True", by Spandau Ballet. He watched as cars drove by, bopping his head from side to side. I looked straight at him raising an eyebrow and he started to giggle.

"What is it, Y/L/N?", he smirked as he kept bopping his head.

"Nothing, odd yet excellent song choice. Is this your favorite-oldies bop?".

"Of course. Ever since I was a little one. My Dad is a huge music, junkie so he got me into all the genres I listen to today!", He smiled. "What are some of your favorites?".

"Well, I have an obsession with musical theatre, so Cast Recordings of musicals are my absolute favorite. I also have a love for some John Williams, a smidge of Paul Anka: A lot of oldies too. I'm not too fond of the music bopping on the radio 24/7, but I listen to a handful of random genres!," I smiled.

"Musical theatre is amazing! Have you ever been in a musical?".

"Well actually, I'm going to be in an upcoming off-broadway show of Heathers: The Musical. We just started rehearsals this week and it's been going great!".

"NO. WAY!", he said. "What role do you play? One of the Heathers??"

"I'm playing as Veronica!", I blushed. "The curls and acting were what probably got me the role."

"It can't be just that, you're going to be the perfect Veronica.", he smiled.

"Aw, thanks Oleff. Do you want to see a video of our first rehearsal?" I asked. "I was a bit wonky the first day, but I think the cast all together sounds great."

"Obviously, yes!", he squealed. "Lemme see, gimme!"

I took out my phone and pressed play, handing it over to a not so patient Wyatt. He held the phone and began to listen to my mediocre singing.

WYATT'S POV:

" And you know, you know, life can be beautiful.

You hope, you dream, you pray, and you get your way!

Ask me how it feels, looking like hell on wheels.

My God, it's beautiful.

I might be beautiful!

And when you're beautiful...

It's a beautiful, freaking day!

HeyeyAYeyAyeEeEeE!

VERONICA, VERONICA, VERONICA, VERONICA,

VERONICAAAAAA!!".

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT," I yelled. "Y/N, YOU HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VOICE IN THE WORLD WHAT THE FUCK!".

"Quiet, China can hear you from here!", Y/N giggled as she covered my mouth."But thank you so much, Wyatt. That was super sweet of you."

I smiled at her bright, wide smile with her rosy cheeks. I just wanted to kiss her right then and there but I knew I would be making this come to quickly.

"I want to see you perform, so badly, and you've gotta meet the loser squad; they'll love you.", I said. "Especially Sophia, she loves musicals a lot."

"Aww, I want to meet them. You all are so super sweet and talented."

"Meet with me again tomorrow by the same tree we did today? The loser squad and I need a new hangout spot anyways, Mr. Rivera kicked us out for setting his table on fire and exploding shit all the time," I giggled.

"Uh yeah, sure," Y/N smiled. She sort of stayed silent for a second and tapped her foot.

"W-Who do you hang out with?" I asked.

"Well, I'm using running around campus all the time for interviews, finishing up articles, or taking photos, so I don't have much time to sit with my two besties at lunch. They usually come along with, since they're in the newspaper too, or do their own thing from time to time."

"Would they be okay with you hanging with us?" I asked.

"Honestly, yeah. They're surprisingly more up and around than me, so I sit alone most of the time in the library studying or writing," Y/N slightly frowned.

"Aw, I'm sorry about that. Well, you have the losers and I now so everything should be fine," I smiled.

Y/N blushed in return and laid her head on my shoulder, "Thanks, Oleff. I appreciate it, today was the best with you."

I laid my head against hers, "No problem, love. I think you have a fantastic personality and an overwhelming amount of talents, you're so special."

She picked her head up and turned to me, looking deeply into my eyes. She smiled as I did in return, starting to lean in closer with her eyes closed. Next I knew it, a car honked with a small voice that yelled, "Let's go, Y/N. You're in deep shit and you've got a minute till I don't save your ass."