Chapter 3: The Duel

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.

Sun Tzu

Somehow, I still survive. An old man with a black Chinese style gi springs out in front of me and dissipates the cyclone with a single circular motion with his arms, saving my life. I fall down to the ground from the force of impact and the shock of being impossibly lucky this time. The old man then turns around and thoroughly examines my injuries. He places his hand on my head, probably feeling for my temperature, but unexpectedly, all my pain disappears in an instant.

“Is that your girlfriend over there?” he asks in such a gentle tone while pointing at Stacey.

“Yes. Thank you so much for saving my life!” I say in relief. “Who are you?”

“My name is Master Wong Fei.” he says. “It seems as if your center has run out of chi, so don't move, okay? I'll let my student take care of your woman. Let me handle this guy.” He signals someone to Stacey. In a flash, a young man with a white gi and a black belt with a blue bandana appears beside Stacey. He takes her and disappears again.

“Where is he taking her?” I ask, concerned.

“Don't worry, just stay put.” he tells me, dodging the question. He turns around and faces Tony, who was preparing a strike from behind, but the old man easily deflects the attack and punches Tony, sending him crashing to the ground several meters away.

“Boy, it is very disrespectful to attack an old man, especially from behind, so quit it while you're at it.” the old man calls out half jokingly.

“Get the hell out of my way. I wanna finish this fight with that asshole.” Tony replies, pointing at me.

“In martial arts, people who have no more intention to fight have lost the match.”

“Well my master taught me that weaklings who can't fight anymore should die.”

“Master Fung is a bigot. Just stop this and go home. I don't want to see another of Fung's student fall into harm from misjudgment.”

“Now you're pissing me off!” Tony quickly circulates his arms, forming a ball the size of a small car of air. He then starts to compress it very quickly, causing electricity to spark from the center. The ball expands, carrying the electricity around the immediate area. I have never expected anything close to this to happen in my life.

“Very nice form, little one. However, it is draining too much from you. I suggest you stop before you hurt your center. You could die from this, you know.” lectures the old man.

“Shut up and die!” Tony pushes the huge ball of electricity towards the old man.

“Tsk, young people never listen to their elders anymore.” Master Fei suddenly creates a huge sphere of blue light from his hand and shoots it at the ball of electricity. In a flash of light, Tony's sphere disappears and the master's blue energy sphere shifts into a cylindrical shape, hitting Tony straight in the gut. He spits out blood and flies back about 15 meters. The master then signals his student to retrieve Tony.

“That boy is very durable. He used Fung's energy ball, took my hit, and still has chi left to fight.” he says to himself. Then he turns to me. “I saw the entire fight. I apologize for not intervening until the last minute, but I knew you were something special when I first saw you, so I wanted to see what you are capable of.” He lends me his hand, and I accept it. “I can help you fully unlock your potential. Just take a class in my school, School of the Martial Arts. Tell your friends about it! I'll give you a 90% discount and let your friends come in for free.” I bow down to him.