• Chapter 4 •

_______________________

Readers POV

The night was cold. The streets empty other then the occasional self-driving vehicles.

I wrapped my arms around my self in an effort to cover my close to nude body, seeing as it ripped even more as the night went on. I pray that someone, anyone, will help me.

I had taken off my heels to try and keep quiet while also being able to walk easily. I glanced up at the sky as I realized it must be close to morning, the sky was a beautiful ombre of blues. It amazed me, finally something I could call beautiful that wasn't another being. The way the birds began chirping and the squirrels hopping down from their trees beginning to look for food.

As I was enjoying myself in the cold early morning, a sound broke me from my daze. A trashcan had been knocked down. It was still dark enough for me to be unable to see too far. I spoke up. "H-hello?" It was quiet. So quiet you could hear a feather drop.

I began to worry. What if it was the deviant hunter? Waiting in the shadows. Charging at me when I least expect it.

I slowly side stepped then finally I bolted. Trying to get as far as I could. Anywhere but the open. I ran and ran, looking around for somewhere to hide, finally my eyes landed on an alleyway that was pretty empty except a large trash bin and a fire escape ladder.

I quickly ran on my toes to sit and hid behind the bin. Wrapping my arms around my knees, laying my head in my arms, and setting my heels on the floor. I sigh with relief when I am left with myself.

The sound of footsteps bring me back to reality. They briefly stop in the alleyway, then continue walking.
My heart beating faster than ever before. I have to go. Now!

I stand up quickly, retrieving my heels in the process. I began running to the exit of the dead ended hallway. I ran straight out of the alleyway when I was grabbed by the arm and thrown into the wall, dropping my shoes. I was dizzy from hitting my head but I pushed through the pain and looked up.

It was Connor.

"HEL-Shh!" He cut me off. My stress levels rising massively. "You are under arrest for breaking android law by harming a human!" He said as he flipped me around so the side of my face was smashed against the wall. He began cuffing my hands.

"Please you have to understand! I-i had no choice! It was self defence! Please!" I pleaded

He stayed silent, pulling me off the wall and forcing me to walk with him. I stumbled slightly as he pushed me along.

I looked around surveying my options. There was no where left to go. No alleyways to escape with. No fence to climb to freedom.

I was trapped

_______________________