chapter two

it's the night before you leave to go on tour with your second favourite band, your first being the beatles, calpurnia. you are frantically packing your bags to leave because, much like your lazy author, you procrastinated so hard that all you had in your suitcase when you went to resume packing was your hairbrush, which in the week you had to pack, left your suitcase multiple times.

you pick up the phone and go into the phone app, clicking on finn's contact before putting the phone to your ear. after it rings a couple of times someone picks up the phone and you hear a croaky voice say, "what do you want now?". "how long are we going for again." "y/n seriously i've answered this question about five times today." "yeah but i forgotttt." you whine. "two months and half a week." he sighs. "ok thanks, promise i won't wake you up again." "yeah, yeah." he says and hangs up. you chuckle at his attitude and go back to packing. probably shouldn't call him at 2am anymore.

you hear you alarm go off and quickly press the snooze button falling back to sleep briefly before being woken up by the annoying sound again. you mutter profanities grumpily to yourself as you get up and out of bed, looking at yourself in the mirror to make sure your hair is looking semi-presentable. as you walk through the halls in your house the smell of waffles and voices becomes clear to you. old 8 legs is playing on a bluetooth speaker on the breakfast bar in front of two hungry mouths, waiting for your mother to fill their plates with waffles.

"here she is." jack says, pouring maple syrup on his waffles. finn turns around and grins at you, "what's up dipsh-" he begins before remembering your mother is there and finishes with a poor attempt at covering it up "shriek..?" your mother chuckles and says, "it's ok finn it's not like i can't hear you and y/n 'shrieking' profanities in her room every time you're over." finn blushes and looks down at his food in embarrassment while jack and i enjoy watching him shovel waffles into his mouth in shame. "right losers i'm gonna shower and change then i'll be ready to go." they both give you a tired ok before you head up to the bathroom.

"come onn y/n/n" finn complains on your bedroom floor, "jack's waiting in the driveway for us and we need to pick up ayla and malcolm before we go to the airport." "yeah yeah, calm your tits frog whore." you finally finish your makeup and chuck your makeup bag in your suit case before zipping it up. "there." you say satisfied. you pick up your suitcase and throw your backpack over your shoulder. "finallyyyyy." finn says, annoyed and ready to leave. you drag your bags in to the kitchen where your mum is waiting. "hey mum we're leaving now." "ok sweetie, come here." your mum says and she wraps you in a hug. You hear her say "come on in here." and you feel a second pair of arms wrap around you. finn's. your mum loves him almost as much as she loves you.

you eventually break from the hug and your mum gives you a kiss on the cheek, tells you to be safe and to have fun. "bye mum." you say as she shows you and finn out of your house. finn gives her one last wave and she shuts the door. you and finn make your way to jack's car sitting in the driveway and you chuck your suitcase in the boot (or trunk depending where you're from) of the car. you finally get in the back of the car next to finn and sigh in relief. after a second of silence you yell "let's go thots!" and jack pulls out of the driveway. you snag the aux cord before finn and giggle maliciously before plugging it into your phone. you hit shuffle and boys don't cry comes on. you look out the window aesthetically and feel finn's hand naturally intertwine with yours. you smile. this is going to be an incredible summer.

- - - - -

shorter than the first oop sorry. at least this isn't complete trash like my first book. i think. more chapters soon¿ i'm away at the moment so because i don't have any wifi i tend to get a lot of work done. you guys won't remember but the same thing happened early this year with just friends i published like three chapters in two days. yeah. ok. bye.