Ch 1

(Normal POV)

The soft strokes of the paintbrush glided smoothly across the flat surface of the once completely blank canvas, adding more paint to the breathtaking nature scenery that a certain blonde beauty was busy working on.

She hummed a sweet melody, matching the peaceful vibe the art room gave off with the bright morning sun rays seeping through the open window, letting in some of the much loved fresh, crisp morning air. The sound of birds chirping and singing outside in the trees could be heard, seeming as though they were matching the blondes soft humming.

The beauty's hair was tied up neatly in a simple braid that dropped down to her waist, almost touching the white stool she was sitting on. Her once completely white apron was covered in smudges of different coloured paints, protecting her simple pink dress she was wearing underneath.

Suddenly, the heavy dark walnut door creaked open very slightly, just enough for a pair of deep onyx eyes to watch the beautiful young maiden as she painted peacefully, through the small crack.

He smiled, and then opened the door fully. The gush of wind that it sent when it was swung open, hit her back, making her turn her body around to see what caused it.

She grinned when she saw that it was her handsome husband, standing in the doorway holding a fresh bouquet of white roses.

He walked over to her and planted a sweet kiss to her forehead, "I got these for you," He said softly, as he placed the bouquet on her lap.

She set her paint brush down and pulled him into a warm hug, her arms wrapping around just above his waist since she was still sitting. He chuckled and returned the gesture.

He turned his head and admired her painting that she was almost finished working on, "Isn't that where I proposed to you?" He questioned, his smile growing.

She giggled, understanding what he was talking about, "Yeah, I'm glad you can tell. It doesn't look all that great."

"Luce, you've done some of the most incredible paintings I've ever seen. Your skills have greatly improved over time." He said, honestly.

The blonde stayed silent for a moment and replied with a shy, "Thank you."

A few more moments later, "I'm gonna have to go to work now Luce, I'll see you tonight, alright?" He asked, pulling away and cupping her soft rosy cheek in his warm hand.

Her smile slowly dropped, as did his when he saw her glum expression. He moved his hand from her cheek and hooked some of her golden hair behind her ear that was too short to fit into her braid.

"I'm sorry, Luce." He said solemnly.

"No, it's okay. I understand Natsu, it's work." She smiled again, trying to give him reassurance, but anyone could tell it was fake making him feel more guilty.

He leaned down and gave her a soft peck on her lips, which she returned, and walked back out of the room.

When she heard the click of the door closing, she sighed.

He's been working a lot more lately for the past month.

She's worried about him overworking himself, just like her father had once done, and he ended up collapsing due to exhaustion.