Ch 3

(Normal POV)

"Hmm...how about this?" Lucy asked, holding up another swimsuit.

"Oh Lu! You have to get that one!" Levy clapped her hands together after setting down her own swimsuit that she was looking at.

The two best friends were out shopping in a small shop near the white sandy beach, looking for new swimsuits. They were just passing by and when they saw the cute bathing suits that the mannequins wore through the display outside of the shop.

They couldn't resist.

"Alright, I'll go try it on," the blonde smiled, checking to make sure it was a size small, then making her way to the mini change rooms.

On her way there though, a red haired woman bumped into her as she was passing by, hard. It was surely gonna leave a bruise on her shoulder.

Yet it was Lucy who apologized.

The woman just scoffed and left the store.

Lucy sighed, shaking her head, and entered the change room.

When she finished putting on the one piece bathing suit, she called for Levy so she could hear her opinion.

The halter top swimsuit was black, with a pink floral pattern all over it. The back was open, and it fit Lucy's body perfectly.

"How does it look? Do I look weird? I mean, I always do either way, but you get what I'm saying, right?"

"Yeah! That looks great on you Lu! Not too flashy, nor is it too showy," She replied, a fair smile plastered over her face, "I think you should get it."

Lucy blushed, then closed the change room door.

When she got out, she was back in her normal outfit. A light blue sundress with white sandals to match, along with a pure white sun hat with a pink flower.

She looked around, but didn't see her blue haired friend anywhere.

"Lev? You still here?"

"I'm in the change room Lu!" She heard her say.

Lucy laughed at her own stupidity.

Of course, where else would she be?

———

By now it was noon, and the girls' bathing suits were now clean and dry. Of course, they would get them washed before actually wearing them. What if someone tried them on without—

Lucy shuddered at the thought. Lucy has always been a clean person, and always will be.

She and Levy were currently changing into them. Natsu and Gajeel haven't seen them yet, for they've been at the tiki bar all day chatting and meeting new people, unlike their wives.

Lucy was a little shy when it came to meeting new people, and Levy...well she doesn't exactly feel like socializing.

While Lucy was waiting in her bathroom for Levy to finish changing, she checked the date on her phone. It was already a week past the date where her...time of the month was supposed to happen.

But it still hasn't...

Why?

Thoughts ran in through her mind like a wild stampede of buffalo. Was she messed up? Was it just late? Does she have a deadly disease?

"Aright! Let's go!" She heard Levy shout excitedly.

Lucy quickly grabbed her beach bag that she and Levy were sharing, and followed her out the door of her and Natsu's room, all her previous thoughts vanishing.