I

Wesley walked into his new school, a bit early. It was the first day of school in his freshman year, how could he be late?

He held his head high, ignoring his nerves.

Gathering his papers and room key from the secretary, he made his way to his dorm. He had roommates, but he was the first one there.

After he quickly unpacked, he took out his book and sat in an armchair, back straight as he waited for his roommates to arrive.

He didn't have to wait long, however, as a boy entered the room. He looked exceptionally nervous- and rather skinny, too, he observed.

He stood up, striding over to the boy. "Hello. I'm Wesley Montgomery." He said confidently, putting out his hand.

The boy timidly shook it. "Um, I'm Nick."

"Nice to meet you, Nick." Wesley said, smiling.

Nick gave him a small smile before the door opened again. Well, it swung open, having been opened with a bit of enthusiasm.

There was a boy with blonde hair standing in the doorway, a giant grin on his face. "Heyo! I'm Jeff, and may I say, Dalton is absolutely giant." He started walking over to a bed with his trunk on it. "Like, there's chandeliers, and these huge glass windows. There's seriously stained glass decorations in the windows, it's crazy. And the dorms! Like, look at this thing! It's giant!" He spun around for emphasis.

Nick was mildly impressed that he managed to say that all in one breath, while Wesley was a bit irritated by the boy's lack of professionalism. This is Dalton Academy, what did he expect?

After the boy finished unpacking -or rather, throwing the contents of his suitcase into the drawers- he turned to them.

"I'm Jeff, as I said. Who are you?" He asked Wesley.

He put out his hand. "I'm Wesley Montgomery. Nice to meet you, Jeff."

The blonde disregarded his hand, giving him a hug. Wesley tensed up at the touch, it being completely foreign to him.

When he released him, Wesley was trying to figure out what had happened.

Jeff chuckled. "You look like you've never been hugged before, Wes!"

Wesley furrowed his eyebrows, still confused. Hugged? "It's Wesley."

"Not anymore!" Jeff answered cheerfully, turning to introduce himself to Nick and hug him.

The door opened, and a boy walked into the room, smirking. "I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?"

Nick squeaked and jumped back, startled. Jeff merely laughed.

"I'm Jeff, this is Nick and Wes. You are?"

"Wesley." He corrected. Neither of them payed attention to him.

"I'm David." The newcomer replied.

There was a timid knock at the door. Jeff laughed, opening it. "You have a key, you know."

The boy looked embarrassed. "Right, sorry."

"Anyway, I'm Jeff, this is Nick, David, and Wes."

"Wesley." He corrected.

Jeff turned to him. "It's Wes now!" He looked back to the boy, stepping aside to let him in.

"I'm Blaine." He said nervously. Jeff smiled widely.

"Nice to meet you, Blaine!"

Blaine returned the smile, seeming to relax.

"Who are we waiting on?" David asked.

"Two people named named Thaddeus and Sebastian." Wes answered promptly.

A boy strolled leisurely in the room. "Did I hear my name?" He asked, clearly knowing the answer.

He was extremely tall, towering over all of them.

"You must be Sebastian." Wes said, putting out his hand. "I'm Wesley."

"Yes, I am. How could you tell?" The boy answered, mildly surprised as he shook his hand.

"The Smythes a very important part of the French aristocracy; you have a French accent."

Sebastian rolled his eyes. "Ugh, don't remind me."

"Why? I like your accent. I'm Jeff, this is Nick, David, and Blaine."

"No, not the accent. The accent's nice, good at picking up guys. It's my family. They're a bunch of aristocrat assholes."

Wes is shocked at his blunt hatred of his family. How can someone say that about their own family? What if their family found out?

His thoughts are cut off but he door opening again. A hispanic boy walks in, looking around at them all. "Looks like I'm the last one here. I'm Thad, by the way."

"I'm Jeff, this is Nick, David, Wes-"

"Wesley." He interrupts.

"-Blaine, and Sebastian." Jeff finishes, as if nothing happened.

Thad looks between Jeff and Wesley, smirking slightly. "Is it Wes or Wesley?"

"I'm Wesley Montgomery." He says quickly, shaking Thad's hand. "Ignore him."

"Nope, don't ignore me! It's Wes." Jeff says cheerfully.

David smirks. "It's Wes. Should we vote?"

"You can't vote on my name." Wesley says, exasperated.

"Alright, everyone for Wes?" Jeff calls, looking around. Everyone raises their hand except Wes, Nick rather shyly.

"It's easier to say." Nick explains upon Wesley's look.

"Everyone for Wesley?" Jeff asks.

Wesley rolls his eyes.

"Alright, it's unanimous! Wes it is!" He cheers.

A bell rings, interrupting them. "What was that?" Jeff asks, looking around the ceiling.

"It's the dinner bell. It rings three times a day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner." 'Wes' answers.

"Lead the way then, newly-christened Wes." Sebastian says, smirking.

Wes shakes his head, showing them to the dining hall.