XXVI

Jeff coughed, his chest flinging against his seatbelt that locked up as the car impacted.

"What was that?" He wondered, rubbing his chest and looking around.

He looked over at Nick, who seemed to be passed out.

Panicking, Jeff unbuckled himself and took Nick's wrist. He sighed, feeling a pulse.

He turned to the front, his eyes widening in shock as he saw the passenger's side, which nobody was sitting in, completely destroyed. A chunk of the door had gotten smashed in- and last he checked, the paint job didn't include red flecks.

"Help!" He screamed, panicking. He saw what was holding up the scrap of metal- it was lodged into Kayla's arm. Or side, he couldn't tell. "Help! Someone!"

He wanted to pull out the metal piece, but he knew it would just make her bleed more.

Soon he heard sirens, and he flung open his door, waving them over. "Help!"

Police cars and an ambulance pulled up, a few medics coming out. They tried to get him into the ambulance, to see if he was okay, but he struggled. "Wait! I have to see if they're okay!"

"Young man, you need to let us see if you're okay."

"I'm fine! I need to see if they're fine!"

"The more of our time getting you in the ambulance you use, the later we'll be able to help them."

Jeff went limp for a minute at that. Satisfied, they tried to escort him back to the ambulance, but they didn't expect him to run ahead and sit down on the concrete behind the ambulance, pointing to the car. "Now help Kayla! And Nick!"