Dear,

Sometimes on summer nights I lie with my window open and I listen to the orchestra outside. I can hear the hum of the lake a mile away, and I can feel the waves rolling up on the shore and slipping back downward again. The wind breathes through the dunes and into my backyard, making the leaves sway and whisper in pleasant discord. The tenor of the katydids supports the alto of the black crickets, and the ring of the tree crickets unwinds a melody of soprano peace.

I close my eyes and I can see you clearly. The moon shines down on you, casting a shadow taller than yourself. The wind makes the grass brush against your bare ankles, makes your hair brush against your neck.

You are the perfect picturesque. Where I go, you go with me. Atop the dune of my struggle, I observe salmon cumulus in the sky and I feel you beside me, leaning on my side and tilting your head to rest on my shoulder. In the empty air, your hand completes mine.

I desire nothing more than to see you, to touch you; to be with you for the rest of my life, and for eternity thereafter. I try to bring you closer with my pen, but all I can ever achieve is ink on paper. We are two halves of one whole; Me, Hati, forever following the bright bride of the sky, and you, Skoll, chasing the shining priest into the desolate forest. One day, night will merge with day, reality will merge with fantasy, your world will meet mine; only then will we be complete. Let us break the dividing wall of Qliphoth and overcome nature.

I wonder, are you like me? Do you spend your summer days walking along the beach passing strangers, and staring out to a vermilion horizon? Do you spend your winter nights curled up in bed with the covers on, sipping tea and listening to a blizzard knock on the walls? Do you think about me as much as I think about you?

Are you really only an unattainable desire within the depths of my heart, or am I one within yours? Do you feel real? You're real to me. You'll always exist here as long as I do. And I will never let you go.