Feelings

I got this weird feeling I've never felt before. I also felt my cheeks heat up. 'what is this feeling I'm experienceing' I asked myself. "What's your name?" I asked. "Oh right, my names Mark". "That's a nice name and it suits you" I said. "Well thank you" he said. At least I think it's a 'he'.

Mark's Pov

I felt my cheeks heat up. I was blushing like crazy. As I look at her I admire the way she is. I love her beautiful face, her silky h/c hair, her voice is like a nice cool breeze in the summer, and I can't forget her beautiful e/c eyes. I snap out of my thoughts and see her starring at me with confusion. "How did you get here" I asked breaking the silence between the both of us. "A tidle wave washed me into this fake ocean" she said. I start laughing when she said 'fake ocean'. "Whaaaat" she whined. I try to calm down and try to speak. "Sorry, it was just funny when you said fake ocean" I said. "Well then what is it called then?" she asked. "It's called a pool" I said. "Oooh" she said. I giggled a little at her response. "Anyway, where did you come from" I asked. "The ocean, why?" I mentally face plamed myself. 'of course she came from the ocean she's a mermaid for crist sake, God Mark your an idiot' I yelled at myself. "What is this place?" she asked. I looked at her with confusion. "You don't know where you are" I asked. She shook her head 'no'. "Well this is LA, California". "Oh so that's where I am" she said. "Where is your family?" I asked. She looked down and started to cry. "I never knew them" she sobbed. I started to feel really bad. "What about your parents?" she shook her head again. I can't believe what I was hearing. "Have you been alone your whole life" I asked her. "Yes" she cried. "But not completely alone"she said." I talk to sea creatures, and play with dolphins" she said. "Oh" I said feeling a little bit better. But I still can't believe she never had another one of her kind. She starts to sob loudly. "Please don't cry" I begged. "S-Sorry I've just never had a real friend or sibling before" she cried. "No, don't be sorry" I said. "Hey maybe I can be your friend" I offered. She stopped crying and wiped her tears away. "R-Really,  you mean it" I nodded. "Yay!" she cheered. "Can we be more than just friends?" she asked. I blushed. I was as red as my hair. "Can we be best friends" she asked. I sighed with a little bit of disappointment. "What's wrong, you seem down, do you not want to be my best friend, it's fine if you don't" she said with sadness in her voice. "No no no I do its just I thought you were gonna ask a different question" I said nervously. "Oh, then what did you think I was gonna ask" I can hear the curiosity in her voice.