rain

(3rd person, unidentified)

The sound of raindrops hitting the pavements filled her ears as Master removed one of the earphones. She looked out into the glass window and noticed the light shower slowly turn heavier. The wind was howling and shook the trees. She saw people suddenly broke into a sprint in the rain towards the nearest shelter they could find. Some frantically searched their bag for an umbrella.

"It started raining, huh? Too bad I didn't have an umbrella with me." She muttered under her breath.

People behind her rushed by, seemingly unbothered by the weather. Master inserted the earphone into her ear again and listened to music as she watched the raindrops race on the window. She traced her finger on the window, following the trails of the water droplets. Realizing there's nothing she could do, she went down the elevator and leaned against one of the pillars near the exit of the train station. This way, she could observe the downpour and run home when she deemed it was light enough. Master was completely immersed in the music she was listening to --- until a certain familiar voice called her.

"Master!" Cu approached his Master. He closed his wet umbrella and shook the water off of it. "Yo." He smiled.

"Cu? Why are you here?" Master said as she shoved her phone and earphones into her bag. She didn't expect to see him here. Or anybody else for that matter.

"Are you perhaps waiting for your Knight in Shining Armor; me, to come and get you?" He smirked.

"What?" Master was baffled by how ridiculous her Servant can be. However, she giggled. "No. The thought of asking you to come fetch me didn't cross my mind. By the way, you're no knight." She poked his chest.

"Sorry to disappoint but I'm no pretentious chivalrous knight." He looked away and rubbed the back of his neck. Then his red eyes fell onto his Master and his signature smirk resurfaced on his face. He wrapped his arm around Master's waist and pulled her close. He leaned into her and whispered, "I'm just a warrior who loves a good fight as much as I love women." Cu pulled away from her ear to look at her.

Master felt heat rise to her cheeks and she tried to his hand away. "Are you seriously going to flirt with me in public like this?"

Cu hummed. "Does it matter? The fact that I'm good with women is not new to anybody."

Master looked around her shoulders to check if anybody is staring. People were waiting for the rain to stop, so there were quite a crowd near the both of them. Some were staring.

"A-Anyway, let's go back." Master pushed his hand off her waist and walked away.

"Are you sure? The rain is heavy and I don't have a spare umbrella." Cu lightly jogged to her side. He extended his hand idly.

"I'm not going to let you pester me with your audacious flirting any longer." She averted her gaze, cheeks almost blushing. "... I'd rather get soaked in the rain." She looked infront of her and realised how heavy the downpour got all of a sudden. Well... Who cares? Master stepped into the rain and Cu opened the umbrella quickly. There was a distance between them, so Cu wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her close.
"What are you doing?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"The umbrella is too small for both of us." He grinned at her. "Don't you think this is better?" He gripped her shoulder tighter and squeezed it.

"Of course. Now you have a legitimate reason to grope me." Master said as she flicked his forehead. Cu grunted.

"Grope? This is hardly groping." He pouted. His hand travelled to her lower back and rubbed around. A chill went down her spine before she felt him snaked his hand to her waist and squeezed. "This is groping."