Chapter 8

"No! We're running together!"

"Just go! Please..." Tears threatened to flow.

No matter how much she tried to push him away, he stayed with her.

"Just go!...Go away!"

She started hitting him and he just let it happen. But he stayed firm and didn't budge.

"No!"

"Get out of here!"

"No! Promise me you won't give up. If you do... I'll die with you."

"What?? Are you out of your mind??"

"Yes, I am. I love you to the point that I'm insane. And you have Seungmin who loves you... more...", the last word almost inaudible. "So don't give up. Come to your senses and help me get you out of here, the car's about to blow up!"

She knew that he was right. She couldn't leave Chan and Seungmin behind. Neither could she leave Hyunjin to die. She collected all her strength to free her broken leg. Hyunjin helped the girl out of the car. The two tried to get away from the burning car as fast as possible. The fume of the fire they breathed in tickled their throats. They were barely ten meters away from the car when it exploded for the first time, causing both to fall to the ground. They knew they had to hurry before the second explosion happens. It was very hard because the first explosion already gave the two severe injuries. Yet they still tried to go at least a bit further. They stood up and continued walking at a fast pace since running wasn't possible. Blood was already flowing out from Minseo's broken leg. Hyunjin had blood dripping down his head. He seemed to have a serious concussion from the accident, he felt quite dizzy and was breathing heavily. Both were covered with cuts and bruises. After a few seconds, the second explosion happened. Hyunjin hugged Minseo on time to protect her at least a bit from the explosion. The air pressure of the explosion caused them to fall to the ground again. But this time it was worse, Minseo fell to the side and bumped her head hard onto the ground. Everything was so blurry and she felt dizzy. The whistling in her ears gave her a headache. She heard something that sounded like an ambulance coming but she couldn't figure if it really was an ambulance or if it just was the whistling in her head. The last thing she felt before falling into unconsciousness was the unconditional love of him that she couldn't explain...

And then...

...Darkness...

•••••

"Is she going to be fine?"

"How is her current condition?"

"Her injuries aren't as bad as those from the boy. She has a severe concussion and a broken leg. We were able to stitch up her open wounds. When she wakes up, make sure she stays in bed and that she doesn't move if possible."

"Thank you."

"What about Hyunjin?"

"...We gave our all, luckily he survived but..."

"But what?"

"... he's currently in a coma. You'll have to calculate with at least a year for him to wake up again."