The Salvage

I thought it would eventually be over so I sat down and played the tape.
"BEGIN TAPE. LEAVING DEAD-SPACE. 3....2....1...."
I took a deep breath.
"THE PURPOSE OF THIS TAPE IS TO TEST AUTOMATED RESPONSE TIMES AND REACTIONS FROM VINTAGE INTERACTIVE ACTIVE ATTRACTIONS FOLLOWING AUDIO STIMULI. IF YOU ARE PLAYING THIS TAPE, THAT MEANS THAT NOT ONLY HAVE YOU BEEN CHECKING OUTSIDE AT THE END OF EVERY SHIFT, AS YOU WERE INSTRUCTED TO DO, BUT ALSO THAT YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING THAT MEETS THE CRITERIA OF YOUR SPECIAL OBLIGATIONS ON PARAGRAPH FOUR."
My pulse rose and the thought of every memory in his voice.
"FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS, DOCUMENT RESPONSE TIMES THEN SAFELY SECRUE THE SPACE BEFORE YOU BEFORE LEAVING. UPON SEALING THE ROOM, YOU ARE NOT TO RETURN."
There was no return at this stage anyway so I keep going with the tape. I could've left ages ago but I guess money means more than my own feelings.
" BEGIN AUDIO PROMPT IN 3....2....1..."
The tape recorder began to make some garbling sounds like metal scratching against a door. I knew that I did have my taser to back me up if I felt uncomfortable or frightened. But being a grown man, I didn't want to have to use it even thought I knew I probably would. I pulled out my checklist and studied the animatronic. I studied for a while and the animatronic didn't respond.
"DOCUMENT RESULTS."
I checked the "No reaction" box on the form. Then continued the tape.
"BEGIN AUDIO PROMPT IN 3....2....1...."
More noises came from the tape. They kind of sounded like a plane taking off yet these were shorter than the first ones.
"DOCUMENT RESULTS."
Again. No reaction came from her while the "plane" took off in the device so I checked the same box.
"BEGIN AUDIO PROMPT IN 3....2....1...."
This time, the noises sounded like alarm bells ringing the monsters in for a nice, night guard catch. I touched my taser and kept studying yet nothing came up. I checked the same box of "no reaction". Maybe she was broken? Then again, my scars from earlier were starting to burn from my previous attack so I knew that she was probably watching me from under her bangs.
"BEGIN AUDIO PROMPT IN 3...."
The tape suddenly stopped. Then a voice of pure death continued from Baby, "2....1..."
My taser stopped working and before I knew it, I was being dragged along the corridor.