Boop THe Bunny CH 2 - NOT PROFREAD

The soft wind was tugging on Hana's hair, gently playing with strands of it.

Small waves were rolling past her on the ocean below, the rays of sunshine reflecting off the water. It created a kind of mirror like effect but at the same time not, it looked like thousands of small crystals glimmering below the sunlight.

Hana had almost been outside the whole night except some time during the night when she had dared to get out of her mech, sneak into her room and grab her trusty phone laying next to her pillow. She had forced herself out of her mech to climb on top of it to watch the sun rise in the horizon.

Last nights events seemed so unreal and distant, almost as if it never happened and she just... Ended up out there on the runway out of thin air.

She knew that wasn't true, she had dragged herself out here with emotions spilling over her walls like water, seeping into whatever was within reach.

But with the lazy tunes playing from her mech, the sound of the waves and the city being alive far behind her she couldn't help but to feel...

Peaceful.

So damned peaceful.

"Hana?" A too familiar voice voice called out from behind, without flinching Hana turned her head over her shoulder to face Deahyun. A smile painted on her lips. She felt happy seeing her friend alive and well, of course she knew he was fine deep down but it was always pleasing to see him... And everyone else from the MEKA Squad in person after a night where the thoughts never ended.

"Morning Daehyun! You're up early!" D.va called back in an almost taunting way, it really wasn't like him to get up in the early hours of the morning so she might as well push his buttons for some laughs.

Despite her friend being quite far away from her she could read him like a book, he was quickly making up some kind of comeback in the back of his mind before responding with a "Oh yeah? More like you're out late"

It was such a harmless statement, yet...

Song felt her heart drop into the deepest pits of her stomach, had she woken him up last night with all noises she had made and he was concerned? Had he heard her tossing and turning before jolting awake?

Hana felt all color slowly drain from her face, she really didn't want to have a chat with him as of why she gone outside in the middle of the night, last time he had actually caught her getting into her mech and that was... Awkward enough. He had insisted on staying awake with her til sunrise when he fell asleep.

When she didn't answer Daehyun's statement back with something witty like she would've done normally his body posture seemed to become more serious and concerned instead of lazy.

This didn't go unnoticed by Hana who let a fake laugh bubble from her throat, she hoped the RNG god that her laugh would sound genuine "What's with that reaction? Chill out, okay? I'll be back in a few!"

Along with that statement Hana pushed herself off the mech, sliding off the edge of it and landing on the runway with grace. She had done that too many times before. Her bunny slippers thankfully avoided her from having to step on the cool metal runway.

When she mounted the mech Daehyun was quick to get out of the entrance to avoid getting run over by her, he knew she woulnd't do it but the thought seemed to spook him a bit at least.

The pink mech was soon enough back on the pad it was supposed to stand on for now, it was just a temporary keeping zone for it while D.va tinkered with the mech. When she was to be done with it in the future the mech would go straight back into the keeping zone together with the MEKA squads other mechs.