Prologue: The Trap

A dark gray wolf walked through the woods, trotting along. She planned to stay away from her den for a while to get out although she truly liked being alone. Nothing bothered her in there but everything did out in the open. Noises the wind made against the trees causing them to whistle and moan, branches falling when they are too old to stay in contact with the trunk of the tree, other creatures she had not seen but heard of as she walked, and more. Sometimes she liked getting out only to get fresh air compared to the damp cave of her home. 

After a while, the wolf reached the normal rounds of her walk in the woods and was on her way back. The wind picked up over the past few minutes as it tugged at her fur, threatening to bring it with the breeze. It also drowned out the sounds of the other wildlife in the woods as the trees rustled their leaves. She picked up her pace to get to the den for fear of a storm coming on which was bound to happen due to the thunderheads rolling in.

The wolf saw the den in front of her at quite the distance as she rounded a cluster of trees and began running towards it. Come on, Jayde. You can make it, the wolf had thought, her paws pounding against the cool ground below. She was almost there when the ground gave way beneath her which dropped her in an eleven-foot hole with a tight net at the bottom. Jayde tried clawing at the net beneath her but to no avail. She had also tried to escape from jumping up the walls but it was far too steep. It was also giving way beneath her paws as she tried to claw her way out. 

"Well, well, well. I finally caught a wolf. Quite the pretty one as well," a man with a white lab coat had said after coming to the edge only enough to see his head behind it. "It took quite long to find your patterns and fears. Especially the storms since they don't come often at all." The man snickered as the wolf growled, baring her teeth. He made a signal with his hands and a couple people pulled on the rope corners which brought out metal walls and showed it was actually a big cage she was in without a top. The top of the cage was soon brought over and snapped in tightly with the walls to keep her in. The man had someone bring over a tranquilizer gun to which he shot the wolf, putting her to sleep.