drift {part 2} | charlie sloan

part 2 requested!! also inspired by pillow thoughts!

charlie's pov

"how could you forget her birthday?!" gilbert demanded. i shrugged.

"i don't know, we haven't been talking much lately. it's not my fault," i replied. gilbert rolled his eyes.

"then who's fault is it?" he snapped. gilbert's never been this angry. i didn't want to start an argument, so i just shrugged again.

gilbert glared at me as i stood in front of him. where did everything go wrong?

y/n's pov

"y/n, dear, i'm so sorry charlie forgot," ruby whispered as she brushed my hair out of my eyes. all the girls sat around me at lunch to comfort me. everyone remembered my birthday. everyone except for him.

"it's alright," i sighed as i brushed my tears away.

"no it's not," diana began. "you two have been best friends for years! how could he do this to you?" the other girls agreed with nods of their heads.

"how long has he been like this?" tillie pipes up. i shrug.

"maybe a couple months?" i replied, unsure of my answer. ruby clapped a hand over her mouth.

"and you didn't come to us? how dreadfully tragic!" anne exclaims. she quickly quiets down when she sees gilbert and charlie glance at the girls.

"stop. i'll be fine," i said with a smile. i reached for my apple and took a big bite.

when did everything go wrong?

**time skip**

"hey, y/n," a voice said behind me. i'd know that voice anywhere. i turned to see charlie standing over my desk. i gave him a soft smile, not being able to resist his voice.

"yes, char? i mean—charlie," i slipped. we aren't friends. i can't call him char anymore...

"can i please talk to you?" charlie asked me. my head screamed NO! but my heart screamed YES! so i went with my heart and followed him outside.

you see, charlie's been my one and only for years. it's him, it's always been him. i'm in love with the boy who forgot who i am.

charlie suddenly stopped, causing me to knock into his back. i staggered backwards and fell right on the ground. charlie whipped around.

"i'm so sorry!" he exclaimed and reached down. when my hand reached his, i got tingly all over. he pulled me up, and i just then realized how strong he was. my cheeks flushed a bright pink as i pulled my hands out of his.

"charlie," i began. "why did you want to talk to me?" he rubbed the back of his neck and stared at his feet.

"i just wanted to apologize. i don't know how or why we drifted apart, but it happened. i am so angry that i forgot your birthday!" he exclaimed.

"charlie, it's alr—"

"no, it's not alright! i'm in love with you, but i can barely talk to you!" he cried out. then his eyes went wide, as if he just realized what came out of his mouth. my jaw dropped as i stared at him.

charlie loves me?

"you love me?" i ask him. he shuts his eyes real tight and sighs.

"guess i can't hide it anymore. yes, i do, but you probably don't love me back after how i've treated you." i couldn't believe my ears.

"how could i not love you? gosh, charlie, you are so daft sometimes! i love you so much! you are the one my heart desires!" in a burst of confidence, i reach forward and pull him into my arms. his arms wrap tightly around his waist, and i feel his rest his head on mine.

"i'm just sorry we had to drift to realize this," he whispers. i nod, and he kissed my forehead.

"i hope you know that i'm never letting you go," i replied, and he quickly agreed.

charlie and i weren't ever apart after that.

————————————————————
hey i'm back! not high quality imagine, but you guys wanted a part 2, so here ya go! i really hope you liked it, and i'm trying to get back into the groove of writing again; please bear with me ilysm!!