CHAPTER 15: The New Moon Goddess

ASTRID

I've been locked in this small unkempt room in some rundown kind of a place in the woods that Lydia has taken me to. I've been here for a few days now and have been threatened with what I call 'empty' threats. Every time I am threatened by Lydia or her guard that punched me that day they took me, nothing is ever done about it. 

I was sitting on the bed, talking to my little baby girl that continues hurting me more and more every time Lydia is nearby. 

"Shhhh. It's okay, mommy will not let anyone hurt you. But you have to stop kicking me sweetie because if I get too hurt, I can't protect you." I tell her as I rub my belly. 

I can feel her calm down and then the door opens up, causing me to quickly stand up and get ready for anything Lydia is planning on doing. It wasn't Lydia, it was that guy whose name I found out was Gunner. 

"The Moon Goddess will see you now." He says. 

"The Moon Goddess? She's here?" I asked confused but also a little more relieved at the same time as I began thinking that maybe she could help sort this all out without resulting in a fight. 

I begin following him towards out back up to the car. 

"Get in." He tells me. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"No questions. I'm taking you to the Moon Goddess." He tells me sternly. 

I just nod without saying another word and get in before he gets in on the other side next to me and has the driver start to drive. 

The car ride was of course dead silent and all I could think about was trying to calm down Winter as I felt her begin to start up again and try to kick around like normal, but I luckily I'm able to calm her down while assuring her everything will be alright. 

We finally pull up to a huge house that you could tell was built in the Victorian era with Ivy and ferns that grew through the crevices of the old winding stone path, which led directly to the colossal structure. The mansion loomed proudly behind creaky iron gates, flanked by rows of skeletal trees crowned in crimson, swaying gently to the chilly autumn wind. At its threshold stood the delicate marble fountain, the soft gurgling of the clear water melodic as it resonated in the surrounding silence. When we got inside, you could see it was indeed Elizabethan, with wooden panels along the corridors, ornate chandeliers, and oil paintings of old bearded men in tunics and ruffs. 

Though there were many artifacts and furniture that blended with the victorian theme, it still did not feel as I thought it would when meeting the Moon Goddess. I had always thought that the moment you stepped foot  through the cast iron gates and onto the stone path that led you to the front door, I always thought you would feel at ease. Peaceful. Unfortunately, it's the complete opposite effect and I am beginning to feel like something is wrong. 

Gunner was still gripping onto my arm roughly and began pulling me along with him down a long hallway until we reached a room where as soon as we walked inside, the first thing I noticed was a female's body on the floor. 

She looked like beautiful with long beautiful hair that curled at the bottom, as well as her beautiful porcelain skin toned face. 

"Finally!" I hear Lydia say, breaking my attention from the corpse on the floor. 

Suddenly it comes to me, the body on the floor, the beauty.....Oh my god, it's the Moon Goddess. 

"What have you done?" I blurt out. 

"I did what I had to. I took what was rightfully mine." She says without a sound of remorse in her voice. 

"You killed the Moon Goddess? But why?" I asked in shock. 

"Simple. She stole what was rightfully mine." She says with distaste. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked. 

She nods her head towards Gunner who then sits me down on a chair and holding me down by my shoulders as Lydia continued. 

"The Moon Goddess, or stepmother as I was later forced to call her, she stole my destiny. After my mother died, my father slept with her sister. Who happened to be the Moon Goddess. The one that helps others find their mates. Helps them with their destinies. Pathetic really. She always was so willing to give others a happy life filled with love and hope and so much joy." She fakes a smile. "The truth is, she only became the Moon Goddess because my mother became pregnant and since she wasn't married, her family gave the title to her. And once my mother was dead, she thought it would've been best if she had gotten rid of me. So my father of course believed her and kicked me out of our family wolf pack. I was shunned from my family because of her. I had to become a rogue and change my name." She begins to scowl at me. 

"Then there came you. And after hearing that you were Liam's mate, I couldn't allow her to hurt me again like that. So I've decided that it was time for a new Moon Goddess. Which one of the perks of being her is that I can choose my own destiny." She smirks. 

"You are sick." I tell her in disbelief at everything. 

She begins to chuckle. 

"You can think what you want but in the end, you and your disgusting little thing in your stomach, will never see Liam ever again." 

"You know Liam will never be with you." I tell her. 

"We'll see about that. It has after all been three days and he hasn't come for you." She deviously smiles. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)     

Astrid's in trouble. :(