Losing more than just weight

Ok, so this is the first time ever trying to write something completely in English.  

I live in a beautiful Island called Curacao it's near Aruba and Venezuela, we are a very small island but multinational and multi lingual for every native on this island can speak Dutch, English, Spanish and Papiamentu. We are a mix of different races that's why none of us look the same but, we all have one thing in common.  

We love music, we love to eat, we love bright colors and most of all, we dream big!

this is my fist time submitting anything to wattpad.  

I hope you enjoy it. And copying from other wattpad peeps ....

the video on the side is called. "MI PAIS" (My country) she is a local artist and you can see Curacao trough her eyes.

Vote comment and spread the love (cheesy I know)  

Nellisa B

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Losing more than just weight.

Dear Diary, June 17-2001

Today is my prom or something that our school board is calling "prom".  

It's basically a formal diner where we meet for the last time and we sit and listen to the principal speak about how bright our future can be, if we believe in our self, if we plan, and set goals.  

The usual.  

I am looking forward to it, because finally I can say goodbye to my precious two face best friend.  

THERE I said it.  

I really hate her, she is everything I am not, and the worst of it all, she is so friendly that everyone thinks that it is a privilege to be friends with her, like she is the queen of light and with one touch of her you will sparkle with goodness, ughtt ! 

I know I know diary, it's so mean to be thinking like that but because I am the shy fat friend of hers,  

that always walk around with her bag, that always have a pen for her, that she never give back(it's childish I know), I am the one that always have to be happy and supporting and understanding and caring. I AM SO FREEKING SICK of being "that friend" .  

I am here waiting for my ride to come, His name is Dave and he is a guy in my biology class, he was very very kind to ask me out, ignoring the fact that I was not his first choice but the girl she asked had to take out her appendix and he called me last minute asking for me to take her to the prom.  

I mean, I am not complaining, but it sucks to be always plan B ! 

I am wearing a nice black dress with a pink ribbon on, I have real thick dark brown curls, that I often get complimented for, I had it straightened for tonight and is wearing dark eye make up with the fake eyelashes the pink blush on my cheekbones, and flaming red lipstick.  

I am feeling beautiful, but I know that compared to her, I am just me TRYING to fit in.  

I think that Dave has just arrived, It's the last day of being the good friend to everyone, and being her maid. After tonight I will make my own rules.  

And there is no one stopping me.

"MOMMMMM, stop embarrassing me" my mom had an pulled out the oldest Kodak you can think of, the ones where you take a picture and it makes that ZRRRPP ZRRPP ZRRPPP sound to take another one. Dave was standing there all amused with a beautiful rose in his hand.

"Dear you look Bunita (beautiful) "  

"yeah thanks mom, I have to go now" I tried to pull myself out of her grip "you are ruining my dress" 

"I love you Luna" she whispered in my ear 

"I love you to mom"

Dave said that it's really time to go, so I give my mom one last kiss and hooked my arm into Dave as we headed out to go to the prom. This night is going to be interesting.

Dear Diary June 18-2004 

I HATE HER !!  

Yesterday was the ONE day I was getting all the attention I wanted, and Milena had to ruin it! 

And the worst thing is, I let it happen.

Prom night.  

"Hi Luna you are looking beautiful" Milena give me that air kiss, the one where you just make that  

muax sound without even making any physical contact.

"Hi Milena" I gave her my best friend smile,  

"that dress is sooo beautiful"  

"I know right, I bought it in Miami and" 

"Hi Jonathan" I interrupted her, I was quit found of her date, I mean  

He is everything you would want in a Caribbean guy,

He is tall has very dark skin and a nice athletic body, he have those long eyelashes and a cute dimple,  

and yeah, he is a very know singer on the island and girls would die just to spend a few hours with him, and he is a very laid back guy and doesn't date that much.  

I don't want to sound like a jealous girl, but I mean, She just got it all.

"Milena" a girl named Tamara came running from the crowds.  

There is something you really have to see, 

There was a confused look on Milena's face and when she turned to Jonathan she was even more confused, because he had a huge grin on his face.

Milena walked, and I followed her to where Tamara was pointing, and I gasped. 

It was one of the most beautifull things I have seen in my life

......*.......*........