Chapter 4....

“Luna, what is going on in here, do you know how early it is?”

I completely ignored my mom, I have stuff to do, and I know that she would try to talk me out of all of it.

That’s why I developed some new methods.  The first one is:

1.       No one can stop me. They can either do what I want them to do, or watch me do what I want, either way, I am unstoppable.

“Luna Maria, I am demanding an answer right now”.

Crap.

Here is the thing, whenever my mom calls me “Luna Maria” I know it’s going down, that means she is extremely pissed off, and I have come to learn to not mess with an angry mom.

I slowly put down the big black garbage bag I was holding, and faced her, trying not to make allot of eye contact.

Crap crap crap.

She has her arm folded and she was standing in the middle of my room, right in front of a big pile of clothes.

 I tried to put on a cute face with a crooked smile on, but as soon as I met her gaze, my eyes just dropped.  Every mom has this: 

“I am so not in the mood right now for your stupidity, so you better have a good explanation”-face

“Mama”

“Luna, what is going on?”

I was trying to figure that out for myself; I woke up around 5:30 am and started to think what I am going to do to lose weight.

I made a list for myself on some drastic changes that need to be done, and throwing away all my “big” clothes was one of the first things on the list.

And dragging all my clothes from my closet to the floor, and then picking the ones that I find decent is not an easy job, let me tell you, and after realizing that this was not a good idea, because I won’t have enough clothes to wear, so I have to decide and sort out everything and then put them back in.

“I am just trying to organize my clothes Mom”

“Last night you came storming in here, having me all worried, and at not even 7am in the morning you have all your clothes piled up, with your prom dress still on, why haven’t you take it o….

We both heard it.

A freighting cry for help.

Without hesitation I saw my mom running to the window, to take a better look outside.

Before she reached the window was there another scream, 

“Somebody help me please”

I ran outside without thinking twice, forgetting to put a  pair of slippers.

What the heck is going on, there is no one living in the house next door, it’s been empty for months now.

The sound of something falling got me out of my thoughts.

As I passed by the bushy front yard, I tried to open the door, but I couldn’t open it, it was sealed from the inside.

“Somebody please help me, it’s too heavy to lift”

“Mama, Mammmmaaa… unda bo ta?, hurry up, I think  someone is trapped by something,

“Isn’t that kind of obvious” a husky voice sounded  somewhere under a few piled up bricks.