Chapter One Part Two.

I can still hear the sound of his voice. I shutter. Still fighting back tears, I look up. I see Maxwell, and Flower (Max nicknamed his boyfriend Flower) walking over to my table. I love Max, he was my best friend. He made me smile at any time.

My phone goes off, someones calling. "Hello?" I say. Its my mom. "Sweetheart, Daddy has a pop up retreat with his work and I have to stay with your grandmother for at least a week. Shes still very sick. Will you be okay?" I smile at the thought. I like being alone. "Yeah, mom. Ill be okay." She sighs. "Ok, dear. You can have some friends over. You know where the money is. And you have my number." Im in a hurry to get off the phone, So I say, "Ok. Bye mom, I love you." And hang up. Finally, I will be in silence for a week.

Max sits down with flower. They hold hands and I cringe. I think of Alex. Stop, Adii. Stop.

There goes that voice again.

Max sees it, and puts down his hand.

He leans over to me, "Are you gonna be okay?"

I hold back. "Ill get through. As always."

He doesnt believe me, But doesnt push.

Chyy, my best friend comes in and sits next to me. "Hey, squad." Shes says with a smile. I look up at her and smile. She knows everything. Gosh, I hate being in pain. I'm doing this to myself.

Within minutes, the entire crew is at the table and Im still listening to music. I can see everyone talking. Yet, do not hear them. Class starts in 20 minutes. I feel deeply tired, emotionally and physically. My mother knows of my depression. She just doesnt know every detail.. Meaning my suicidal thoughts. I dont wish to worry her. I dont think I can make it through the day. I decide to text her, "Mom, Im not really feeling good today. Can you call the school? I think Im coming down with the flu or something. I feel really sick.." I send it. Im lying, obviously. I wanna leave school, just to get away from it all. My phone vibrates about ten minutes later, "Are you okay? I knew this would happen. Chyys mom is going to come get you. Ill have the docter come over right away. Be safe. I love you." Im happy my mom really does care. I hate lying, but I just want to be alone. The bell rings and I slowly walk to the office, Ill be leaving soon. By the time I get there.. Chyys mom is there. She signs me out and we walk to her car. Still keeping my headphones blasted. She doesnt try to talk, she knows Im not very open. About 20 minutes later.. We reach my house and I unbuckle and get out. "Thank you." I say. She smiles. "Anytime. Ill send Chyy over later." I begin to walk away as she calls my name. "Oh-- and Adii. Be safe." I smile, snd turn to the house. Finally, Im alone.