A for Archery

Thalia's pov

" No Cindy, that's not how you hold a bow!"

That was the first thing I heard when I stepped out of the tent.

It was the new girl who just joined the Hunters and she was quite hopeless with a bow. Everyone was worried about what she would have to do and everyone dreaded the day they would have to teach her.

Just then, Phoebe called out to me, " Thalia, there's a iris message for you. It's from Annabeth."

I mentally grimaced. Annabeth had been on the edge lately and I dreaded having to tell her that we won't be able to start moving again until Cindy could use the bow properly.

The reason Annabeth was on the edge was because her boyfriend, a.k.a. my stupid cousin, Percy was missing. She was starting to irritate the other Hunters. I mean, we were trying our best to find him but Annabeth just didn't believe that.

I made my way to the central fountain which we used for sending and receiving iris messages.

When I saw Annabeth I did grimace. She had bags under her eyes and her hair looked like it hadn't been touched at all. In other words, she looked like she hadn't seen a bed in weeks.

" Hey Thalia," She said when she saw me.

" Hey Annabeth, when was the last time you saw a bed?" I replied.

" Two weeks ago," She grinned, which was rare " Where are you now?" Now there's the Annabeth I know.

" We're still in California, Annabeth" I grimaced, " We have a new girl and she's as hopeless with a bow as Percy... " My sentence faltered as I realised my mistake.

" I'm sorry Annabeth" I said as I watched her face fall.

" it's okay," she mumbled, " When will you leave?"

As I was about to answer when I heard a voice shout " Yes, I've finally taught her!"

I grinned at Annabeth as I answered " Now."

The last thing I saw as I went to tell the Hunters to pack up was Annabeth's smile.

__________________________________________________________________________________

First, I would like to thank the people who are actually reading this. And second, I'm sorry for waiting to post this for months. Please comment and I'm also sorry for this chapter as I feel this isn't that good.

So comment and make my day.