Chapter 11 - Rescue

Location: Hereford Base, UK

(Ares POV)

I was sitting in my bed thinking to myself when Eliza walked in.

Ash: Hey babe.

Ares: Hey.

I said with a sigh.

Ash: You okay?

Ares: Yeah.

She sat down next to me.

Ash: I heard about the mission, mind telling me who she is.

I nodded.

Ares: About a month after I got into Delta, Joana was the new operator. She's a Weapon Specialist and she was assigned to my squad. Since she was the first female Delta operator and Technically I was still the new guy so they assigned us the same bunk.

Ash: Were you guys, together.

She asked slightly embarrassed. I looked at her in the eyes and smiled.

Ares: No, Joana was the only person besides you who I opened up about my past. She was very compassionate and understanding which earned her my trust. She reminds me a lot of my sister. From that day, I made her a promise to look after her and to protect her from anyone or anything.

Ash: What happened to her?

Ares: Back in Afghanistan, we were on security detail for a couple days at one of our checkpoints. Everything was fine until a group of militants with heavy weaponry assaulted us. Before we left, I went to help her but an RPG blew up were she was. I thought she was gone until we found out about her during our last mission.

I paused and Eliza slid her hand through my hair slowly and looked at me. I caressed her hand. The warm feeling of her calmed me down.

Ash: Who are you gonna go with?

She said in a light voice.

Ares: Actually, I've been thinking that maybe I shouldn't go. Since her and I are very close, it might be a risk factor that could potentially endanger her or anyone if anything was to happen.

She nodded in understanding and we shared a kiss. After talking with Eliza, I headed over to Six's office and knocked on the door.

Six: Come in.

I stepped in and closed the door behind me.

Six: You have operational clearance however, I couldn't get the blueprints to the building. Do you still want to proceed?

Ares: Yes ma'am.

Six: Who do you need?

Ares: Craig, Seamus, Gilles, Sui and Lera.

Six: Why isn't your name on that list?

Ares: I'd rather not endanger anyone during this operation because of how close we are.

Six: Very well.

She turned on the intercom.

Intercom: Blackbeard, Sledge, Montagne, Ying and Finka report the briefing room immediately.

Time Skip

Craig, Seamus, Gilles, Sui, Lera and I were in the briefing room discussing the plan.

Ares: Okay here's the situation. We got intel of an American POW. Her name is Joana Gibson, she is a Delta Force operator and was presumed dead in 2010. The White Mask are holding her in a club in Russia. Your mission is to rescue and bring her back to base.