Chapter 1 - Goodbye Canada

"Alley are you almost ready?" I hear my mom ask, yelling from downstairs.

"Just about" I replied back. 

My mom and I are soon to be heading to the airport. We are on our way to London, UK. My mother has met this guy and we are going to go live in London so they could be closer to each other. I’ve always wanted to live in London. Well, part of it was because the boys in the band 'One Direction' live there.

My parents are separated. I live in a small town in Canada with my Father Andrew and my Brother Drew. My mother lived an hour and a bit away. I usually would see her on the weekend during the school year.

My dad isn’t so happy about me leaving, but I told him that it’s going to give me new opportunities in life. He trusts me and hopes for the best. I’m going to miss him and my brother so much! I’m not used to being away from them for so long, it’s going to be difficult. I plan on visiting at least once every 1-2 months.

It’s the beginning of summer and I just finished grade 11. Now I’m going to have to start over and make new friends at school. I’m going to miss all my friends, especially my best friend Caitlin. She means the world to me. She’s like practically my sister.

I grab all of my things and say one last goodbye.

“I’m ready” I yell coming down the stairs.

We put our luggage into the Taxi and started heading to the airport. We arrived there 20 minutes later. I’ve always hated riding in a Taxi, it’s awkward. We head inside and go through security. It takes us about 40 minutes until we are finally settled into the plane. We take our seats. I got the seat towards the window. This is my second time leaving the country and fifth time on a plane. My first time we were going to Cuba for my Aunts wedding. Fun times. Taking me away from my thoughts was the voice of the Pilot over the speaker warning us about take off.

“Are you ready?” My mom asks.

I sigh, “As ready as I’ll ever be” I reply.

We take off.

“Goodbye Canada” I whisper to myself.