Chapter 1

A/N- Hope you all like this, leave your feedback below and this is also going to mostly be in Niall’s POV. Xx

I walk through the café doors with a slight smile trancing my face as my eyes land on my best friend at the counter who was already within handling his ice coffee.

“Sorry I’m late.” I breathe as I brush up against him. “Already ordered and paid for your cup, thank me later.” He says licking the spoon, walking off to the side at our regular table. “One plain black coffee.” The barrister smiles handing me the cup wrapped in red. “Thanks.” I smile as I quickly rush back to where my best friend, Louis was sat.

“Here’s a five.” I mumble as I reach into my pocket bringing out a note. He takes it in as he raises and eyebrow, placing it back into his satchel.

I take a sip of the hot liquid and moan to myself. It was freezing cold today and this was all I needed.

“How was work?” I ask looking at his grey suit. “Alright.” He shrugs. “Nobody came in to the office so there was no drama.”

“I wish I could’ve come in, I just – my suit was in the drycleaners and I couldn’t be bothered honestly.” I confess as I shake my head. “Sorry for not calling.”

“Yeah I‘ve heard that before Horan, you just don’t want to come in because he’s there.” He snickers with an evil smile curled to his lips.

“Are you implying that I’m scared of my ex?” I question out with my eyes widen. “Because I certainly am not.” I finish with a snap, sipping from my coffee.

“You need to accept that fact he’s an asshole Niall. You’re his boss after all – you should fire him I reckon.” Louis points out. “I can’t fire him.” I mutter shaking my head. “He’s a great asset to the company-”

“Great asset?” He scoffs. “He files papers – you could literally get anybody to do that for you.” He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. “I will even do it if you fire him!” He exclaims frustrated.

“Why are you so mad at him for what he did? He was drunk and-”

“Slept with another guy – in your and his bed as well!” He says. I cringe replaying that back in my head, reliving that exact moment of horror finding my fiancée in bed with somebody else.

“I don’t even know how you don’t want to just throw him off a bridge Niall.” He sighs. “Yeah I know, I get it.” I mumble. “He’s an asshole.”

“Then why haven’t you fired him yet? Liam has caused you nothing but trouble.” He pleads. “I’ll think about it.” I mutter. “Good.” He nods.

“Did he talk to you today at work?” I ask as I tilt my head. “Yeah of course he did.” He scoffs. “I was simply copying some paperwork and then he came up to me asking where you were.”

“And what did you say?”

“I said you were sick and that he shouldn’t worry because he is a self-obsessed son of a-”