the one with the wet tee shirt contest

As soon as Sophie was out of view of the Devenford boys, she took off in a dead sprint to the boys' locker room, collapsing against the door once it was closed behind her. She seriously needed to take up running.

The water from the showers was running, and she could hear voices coming from the back corner. Sophie walked cautiously to the back of the locker rooms just in time for Liam to fight against Scott and Stiles' grip, lunging forward with his fangs bared and a low growl coming from deep in his throat.

"Okay, okay!" Stiles yelled defensively, raising his hands up and letting Liam slide back against the wall of the shower, collapsing into a puddle of water in his soaked through clothes.

Scott reached over and shut off the water, squatting in front of Liam. Sophie stayed silent and semi-hidden around the corner, though Liam stared right at her. "That car you smashed, I thought you said that was your teacher's?"

"He was also my coach." Liam admitted. "He benched me for the entire season."

"What did you do?" Stiles asked, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms. He glanced over at Sophie, not questioning it. She'd been everywhere lately, trying so hard to understand all of this supernatural chaos that was invading her life.

"I got a couple of red cards." Liam said, shrugging. Sophie frowned, knowing that there was always something more to it than that. She was sick of being lied to, by her sister, her friends, and now Liam. It seemed the only people she felt she could trust anymore were Violet, Garret, and Mason.

Scott kneeled down, looking at his new Beta. "Just a couple?" You've gotta be honest with us. What else happened?" Liam breathed out slowly and looked down at his lap, preparing himself for what he was about to say.

"Nothing." Sophie wanted to laugh. Of course that's all people were ever going to do anymore, lie. Liam sighed, as if he'd heard her breath catching in her throat. "I got kicked out of school. They sent me to a psychologist for evalutation."

"What did they call it?" Scott asked, shooting a look at his best friend before looking softly down at the crumpled, soggy boy.

"Intermitted Explosive Disorder." Liam looked up at Scott and Stiles, then to Sophie. He looked ashamed, ashamed of what he was and what he'd done. It made her heart hurt, but she had to be strong if she wanted people to tell her the truth. The hard look returned to her face and she looked away, ignoring the pit in her stomach.

"IED? You're literally an IED?" Stiles asked in amusement. "That's great, you literally gave your powers to a walking time bomb." He chuckled, directing it at Scott.

"Stiles." Sophie warned, glaring at him with a piercing look in her eyes.

"Did they give you anything for it?"

"Rysperdal. It's an antipsychotic." Liam explained to Scott quietly.

"Oh, this just gets better!" Stiles chirped.

"Stiles," Sophie repeated, her tone sharper than before.

"I don't take it." Liam added quickly.

"Obviously!"

"Stiles!"

"I can't play lacrosse on it. It makes me too tired." Liam defended, ignoring Stiles' and Sophie's ongoing fued.

"Okay," Scott paused, nodding. "I think you should bailout of the game. Tell Coach your leg is still hurting." Scott advised, looking seriously at Liam. Sophie didn't know much about this werewolf situation, but she knew that something like lacrosse was exactly what would spin Liam out of control.

"No!" He jumped to his feet urgently, wanting anything but to bail from the game. "I can do this! Especially if you're there." He told Scott seriously. Sophie looked between them, her teeth catching her lip as she chewed on it nervously.

Scott sighed. "Liam, it's not just about the game." He admitted, and Sophie dropped her lip, frowning at him. She wasn't sure why the fact that he was keeping things from them came as a surprise anymore, but it still shocked her to hear him coming clean.

"We think whoever killed DeMarco might be on the team."

"Who's DeMarco?" Liam asked, looking between the three in confusion.

"He was the guy who brought the keg to our boathouse." Sophie answered, staring at the ground in concentration. "He-he was the one who got his head cut off, wasn't he?"

Stiles nodded slowly, resting his hands on his hips. "We think the person who ordered the keg killed DeMarco." Scott informed, looking between Liam and Sophie. Liam's face changed in realization, and Sophie ran her hands down her face nervously. "What is it?"

"Lydia kept complaining about somebody ordering a keg, but I never found out who it was." Sophie sighed, wracking her brain for anything she could remember from that night. But she'd never once been in the house during the party, instead she'd been running for her life and then being shipped off to the hospital with an arm-splint.

"I don't know who ordered the keg." Liam admitted, looking away from Sophie to Scott. "But I know who paid for it."