00

"Red String of Fate.." Jaemin murmured as he read a book he had found in the corner of the library. It was old, dusty, and moldy but Jaemin didn't seemed to mind as he flipped through a number of pages, dust began flying everywhere, making him sneeze.

He continues to read, "at the end of the string lies your soulmate." He closes the book, shakes his head as he stood up to return the book where it belongs.

Jaemin didn't believe such things.

Red String of Fate? Unbelievable. Only children will believe such things such as legends and myths. Sure it's fun and enjoyable to read such things, but it's already the 21st Century.

Jaemin looks down on his finger curiously. No red string tied around his pinky finger, he began to chuckle at himself. He couldn't believe he just looked at his pinky finger to confirm if there was a red string tied around it.

He marched out of the library with his bag on one shoulder, completely relaxed and didn't forget to flash his charming smile at the librarian on the way out.

Jaemin was no troublemaker, in fact, he's the most likeable student in Neo High. He has good grades, good personality, a little athletic and good looks. Why he ended up in the library in the middle of class hours—he did not remember.

"Jaemin hyung!" A high pitched voice called out, which made Jaemin turn around, an automatic smile was plastered on his face.

He saw one of his Chinese juniors, Zhong Chenle, sporting his newly dyed green hair. Chenle was running to him with a wide grin. "I finally found you!" He said happily, slightly panting as he reach to stop in front of Jaemin.

"What is it Chenle?" Jaemin asked, ruffling Chenle's hair.

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" Chenle said, "Where have you been hyung?" His eyes wandered around and spotted the sign by the door Jaemin just waltzed out from. "You've been in the library?" He asked like it was the most unbelievable thing in the world.

Jaemin nods, "Yeah, I don't know..er, I just found myself in the library."

Chenle laughs, "Everyone knows you're smart, but I remember you saying you don't like the library."

"Enough with the library," Jaemin waves off the topic. "Why were you looking for me?"

Chenle beamed once again. "The results of the exams are already posted! Come on!" He exclaimed and pulled Jaemin by the hand and dragged the pink haired boy out of the hallways.

As soon as they were out of the hallways, they were greeted by two of their friends. Renjun and Donghyuck was already standing near the bulletin board where the results are posted.

"Wow, I can't believe you took too long to get Jaemin, Chenle. What? Your phat ass too heavy?" Donghyuck teased, followed by a laugh from Renjun.

"No," Chenle frowned, "Jaemin hyung wasn't in the classroom like you said. He came from the library," Chenle answered.

All eyes were now on Jaemin, he flashed them his toothy smile to make a lame excuse, but he knows them too well that they're not buying whatever he's going to offer. "I just wanted to see the library today," he answered.

Renjun rolls his eyes, "Didn't you say that you didn't like the library? You said you didn't like the smell of books and stuff."

"I don't," Jaemin sighed. He didn't really know how he ended up in the library today even if he tried remembering. "Let's just forget about the library, okay? You guys get too worked up about it," he replied and looked at the bulletin board near them. "Have you checked the results?"