Secrets

The next day...

"Need a spot?"

"Back off Morrison!"

Gabriel added 100 to each side of the bar and layed down on the bench.

"You've got to press three in order for it to count."

Gabriel lifted the bar and easily pressed it three times. He set it on the rack and sat up. Jack nodded.

"Impressive."

"Your turn."

Jack walked over and added 20 to each side of the bar. Gabriel chuckled a bit and watched Jack. He layed down and easily pressed the bar three times. He racked it and sat up grinning mischievously at Gabriel. He shook his head and put 175 on either side of the bar. He layed down and easily pressed it again.

"Are you messing with me Reyes?"

"Maybe."

"Well, the fight ain't over yet."

Jack benched 200 on either side. Then Gabriel benched 250 easily. Jack benched 275 with shaking arms. Gabriel benched 300...easily. Finally Jack attempted 300. He couldn't hold it up. Just as it was about to fall Gabriel grabbed it with one hand and lifted the bar above his head. He stared down at Jack.

"Guess I win...boy scout."

"H-how in the hell Reyes?!"

"Dunno, just happens on its own I guess."

Jack sat up and Gabriel set the bar back on the rack. Jack shook his head in bewilderment.

"C'mon let's go get some lunch."

Today for lunch was sloppy joes. There wasn't much to eat, so Jack and Gabriel didn't end up training. Throughout the day several soldiers, who weren't enhanced kept walking around the facility. There were several cadets that looked worried and rushed about. Jack looked around.

"Reyes, something doesn't feel right."

"You see it too?"

There were several new officials walking around. They were visiting from the US military teams.

"What are they doing here?"

"I dunno, but something tells me that we are going on a mission tonight."

Gabriel was right. That night at dinner almost the whole cafeteria was called to head to the armory. They suited up and grabbed their guns. Gabriel grabbed two shot guns from the wall. Jack looked at him curiously.

"Two of them?"

"Yeah, I'm feeling outrageous."

They loaded into the trucks and headed out. When the door opened there were several onic units in the distance.

"Yes, more tin cans to smash!"

They put on their helmets and ran for cover. They were taking on heavy gunfire. Jack looked out. He knew that they didn't have enough to hold the units back. Ga riel fired several shots taking out two units. More came from behind those ones. He continued firing in fury. Jack shot down several units. All of a sudden Gabriels guard was shot off of his arm. He came in and the guard broke off exposing his coils. Jack looked at him wide eyed.

"Reyes, your coils!"

"It's ok keep firing!"

He turned back around to take a shot when a bullet hit his coils. A pipe burst and blood began to spray out.

"Reyes!"

Jack grabbed him and held him away from the gunfire. He took duct tape feom his belt and wrapped it around the pipe. He was still losing blood and fast. Jack spoke through the com.