19

Finn's POV

I scream and scream and scream.

Demitri lay on my floor an arrow clean through his throat and my blinds completely broken. The club room isn't safe anymore. The said arrow burned the shit out of Allen's hands and I couldn't move to help.

Arron is on a hunting spree, the prey being hosts. I just collapse to the floor my legs bending painfully. Thame pulls me up gestures to Lee for help.

Together they get me to the nurses office, dismiss the nurse and wrap me up to help take the edge off the shock. My curse breaks with a dull glow and have a regular human body.

"Must've been the shock." Allen murmurs, scooping me up and whisking me away. "God you're heavy." he says playfully. A hysterical giggle bubbles from my mouth.

"Then hand me off, Lina will do better if you attend to her instead." I say distantly, suddenly serious.

"Are you sure?" he asks. I glance over at Lina who gives me a weak grin on a ghostly pale face. I nod. "Thaz?"

"Well look at you, you look much better now huh? That curse gone and being carried like a princess." A voice calls scornfully.

Arron.

At the first word I ripped out of Thaz's grasp and stare in shock at the person behind many murders. At the the word 'princess' I was squaring my feet and staring him down.

"You, you killed Milly and Demitri!" I screamed. I didn't care if I was dead center of the school campus. It was like a ghost town.

"Expendable tools." he shoots back breezily.

"You will come here." I seethe and wait for him to grudgingly get close enough. Allen takes position right beside me.

"Hehehehe, I knew you'd do that." he says then lunges at Allen who cries out in agony. Arron jerks back a triumphant look on his arrogant face.

Allen collapses to the ground and Ley is on top of Arron his maw encasing throat, teeth not so gently grazing flesh. I whip around and look over Allen. Believe it or not I could literally see the life draining from his eyes. I glance to his stomach and see he'd been savagely stabbed, Arron was holding one of the arrows.

"Ley, if Allen dies what happens to you?" I ask barely audible over Arron's cackling.

-The bond breaks and I have to leave to find another host. I will still be contracted to you however.-

"Can you save him?" I ask hope stirring in my chest. Ley gives a saddened whine and my eyes well with tears.

"Finn? Finn! Allen- help him!" Lina cries desperate. I sob and shake my head.

"I can't! All I can do is compel others, and that won't help us." I say hot tears rolling down my face like twin rivers of sorrow.

"Don't... worry.. my... wildcat.. you'll.. see me ...again even... if it means haunting.. you..." he forces out with a wry smile and lifts a hand to cup her cheek.

"Don't go." Lina whispers and cradles his hand with her own, sobbing softly into it.

His eyes go glassy and agony of a fire poker fresh from the fire has impaled my heart. Lina roars her sorrow, I scream my pain.

"Let me kill him." Lina demands a vengeful eye casting over the still pinned vampire. Feeling no remorse I signal Ley to retreat and nod to Lina. Before she could rip his throat out she's tackled and he disappears.

The perpetrator to his escape was one of his people that helped me up the stair when I busted Elisa out.

"Don't kill him Lina." I venture lightly.

-He helped that murderer get away!- was her snarled response.

"I know but his... pets are trained well." I say helping the guy up. Who in turn bites me savagely and bolts.

"He.. bit you?" Thaz says eyeing my reddened arm warily.

"He trained them as dogs." I state simply. Thame wrapps my arm up not liking the gleam in the other's eyes.

-Master, I must go.- Ley says -Do not worry I will be back.-

"Can the current contractor be taken as host?" I ask

"That's exactly what Arron wants you to do." Elisa says grimly from the sidelines.

She turns to Allen's prone and bloody body and bows deeply. Lee does the same a frown etched into every fiber of his body.

"I don't care, I rather take position as host than see another die because of my contract." I say purposely.

-It can be done, but since you are not a babe and knew the last host you will have to commence a ritual.- Ley says worry clouding his eyes.

"Do it." I command and Ley bows his head to me.

-So it will be done, follow me.- Ley says a portal of sorts opening in the air beside him. He takes my shirt in careful teeth and pulls me in after him.

"I'll be back soon." I promise. giving everyone a weak wave before the portal closes behind me, a room of white light ahead.