Immortally Blind

The night is cold. My heart is cracking to bits. I am left alone but I don't want to call it quits. The moon is gone but so are my eyes. I know that it's night. Because it feels so cold like mid~autumn storm the rain outside is stilled within the confine of my eyes. The light forever gone has never ceased to amaze me how much pathetic my body has become.

I remember the way life seemed so vibrant, even in the most darkest of moments, I remembered the days I would spend running through the daisy fields on a bright summer day, the breeze would ruffle my locks and my laugh would be the trigger for my family to come join me as I played about in the ever tall field made up of dazzling yellows and evergreenery.

My mother's laughter would make a wave of happiness surge out of my small body, my father's grin would make me giggle uncontrollably and my two little siblings would run after me with their childish stumbling as they tried to get used to their chubby legs; legs that seemed to be what all toddlers possessed.

Days like that had made up of short-lived childhood.

Days spent in the sunshine. In the forest. Spent in laughter, harmony, childish antics but most of all...it was spent in love and joy.

Those days are the only things that help me remind that once I had had a family that cared and nutured me, helped remind me that once I could see the true beauty of everything around me.

Those days...remind me evryday that I had never seen one ugly thing in the entire world until that one night.

The night I had lost my whole family.

My world jolts to a stop and I feel my body moving forward. I don't stop the fall but strong arms intercept me, making me involuntarily lean into the warm body's embrace.

A man's embrace.

"Dude! Watch it! You nearly fell on me, man!" exclaimed a voice that came above the top of my head.  I grab onto anything long and solid to pull myself out of the young man's grip. Finally after some search I grab onto the solid pole and pull myself out of his reach. My free hand straightens out the rumples in my coat. I still can hear him complain so I decide to end it.

"I apologise but there's not much a blind man can see, now is there?" My tone reaches to his ears as I hear his sharp intake of breath. The carriage was already filled up to the brim with passengers so of course my terse voice was heard by all, resulting in mutters of how rude the younger generation these days were getting to be and what a poor man I was to be manhandled like that.

"Shit! Dude I'm fu-" he starts but I cut him off with the raise of my hand.

"I don't want your apology if you're only going to taint its worth by cussing like a no-brainer. Apologise properly if you want forgiveness and be sincere about it, don't just apologise because you've just made an ass out of yourself in front of society. It's pathetic and rather pointless altogether."  I hear as response his sputtering nonsence.

If I could picture the young man's expression I would and it would look like his face would be red from embarrassment, his eyes glowing with anger and his mouth opening and closing like a caught fish breathing for life out in the air.

When the young man seemed like he wasn't going to say anything I snickered loudly and smiled. "Pride will be your downfall if you think not apologising shows how much of an arrogant young little child you are." I say in a dissmissal manner.

I walk calmly as the train starts up again signalling that the next train will be my next stop. As I continue to walk through the myriad of people shuffling gruffly past me I come up to an empty seat, far from where I last stood. I'm about to take my seat when I hear demanding footsteps come my way.