29

He put his arm around her , hoping she couldn't feel the way his heart was beating.

Her scent fogged his senses , his mind whirled to no end as she kept a steady gaze on him.

It was a love at first sight situation , he was completely entranced with having her so close to his body. Hi dreams were starting to come through his mind rapidly , how perfect she would be as they both stood next to each other, he was already thinking about how they would pose for their marriage photos.

The heat of his body made her toes curl and her heart beat faster , his eyes were longingly looking at her face. Heat spread across her whole face, sucking her face she felt her heart start to beat dangerously fast for her age.

They wouldn't know anytime soon , but the photographer would keep a copy of that photo he took. The one where they both had the most perfect light reflecting in their eyes, more like love. They fell in love with a simple touch , he could see it from a few feet away. If anyone else paid attention they would have noticed it too, how big his smile got as she smiled timidly at him.

Joel not only noticed her beating heart , he also noticed the stares they were receiving but that didn't seem to bother her the slightest. In that short moment he saw the shine in her eyes , how they were brighter than the Northern Star.

"Thank you for coming love " he finally said hopeful of getting to hear her voice for a moment

"Thank you " she smiled widely with her eyes beaming straight up at him.

"Joel let the poor girl go you're going to suffocate her" Richard interrupted hoping to also get a look of Clarissa like everyone else

"Did you just assume my economic status?" Clarissa interjected coming out of her love struck moment with a brow raised, a ghost of a smirk on her face.

The next few seconds were just full of awkward stunned silence and the rest did not know how to respond.

The only person enjoying the moment was Joel as he noticed she was only teasing , and the slight hold he still had on her still had his senses in overdrive.

————————————
I know this chapter is actual trash I need to review the whole thing but I'm too stressed and full of work to do ahsjdjdjjdjdjdjd

I know I promised that it would be longer but my inspiration comes at 1am and I haven't been sleeping so late akajdnnddnb