Part 1

Her garbage disposal wasn’t working and Jade wanted to cry. It hasn’t even been a week since she moved into this house by herself and something had already managed to break itself. The problem was that Jade couldn’t just call up her mum and tell her all about it and ask how to fix it because the whole point of moving out on her own was to prove to her mum she could handle it. So now Jade is literally sat on her kitchen floor crying because she’s so frustrated while trying to think of a way to fix this. The only really good idea so far was to just avoid using her sink, but Jade realized that was very unrealistic.

Jade slowly rose off the ground after some period of time and decided to try to find someone that could give advice or help her a little. She turned on her computer and decided to search local plumbers in her area. She was skeptical because she wasn’t sure if many people still even had plumbing services. The problem was most the people she found were scary looking guys and she was a petite shy girl living all on her own. After some period of time, right when Jade was about to give up, she found a person with good ratings, but no picture. The name was unique. Perrie Edwards. Jade had never met a guy before named Perrie, but for some reason she found the name very interesting.

The lack of a picture actually encouraged Jade to call Perrie, because that left Perrie’s appearance up to Jade’s imagination. Jade pictured a charming guy with a large, dazzling smile, with just the right amount of muscle that would come in and fix her garbage disposal and maybe stay to make her dinner. Jade knew the guy probably wouldn’t even be close to that, but a girl could dream, right? She hesitantly dialed Perrie’s number, having second thoughts. The call went to voicemail, and to Jade’s dismay, it was the generic voicemail, so she didn’t even know what this Perrie even sounded like. Right when she was about to give up hope, she saw an e-mail address also listed as a form of contact, so Jade sent off a quick e-mail to Perrie, and went to take a shower, hoping by the time she was done she would have a response.

——

Jade picked up her phone twenty minutes later, and sure enough, she had one e-mail from the one and only Perrie Edwards: Sure, I can come out and take a look at it. What’s the rush on getting it done? I’m free the next couple of hours if you want me to swing by.

Jade literally jumped up and down in excitement because she was going to get her disposal fixed, without the help of her mum, and that was all that mattered to Jade in this moment. She shot a quick e-mail back to Perrie telling him to come ASAP, along with her address. After that, Jade did her hair and makeup and put on a cute outfit, because if Perrie was fit, she wanted to make a good impression.

——

Jade’s doorbell rang, and she started to freak out. Just in case Perrie ended up being a total creep or something, Jade had hidden a baseball bat in one of her cupboards near the sink, and she had also watched a five minute self-defense course on YouTube, but she doubted that would be much help.

Jade walked up to the door, fixing her hair, and as she opened the door, she wanted to just laugh at the whole situation.

Perrie was a girl. Jade never realized the possibility, but now Jade felt absolutely stupid that she hadn’t. Perrie wasn’t some muscular guy with a charming smile; Perrie was a girl that looked about Jade’s age and height.

Jade had to admit though, Perrie was fit. She honestly looked like something out of a plumbing calendar, if those even existed. Her wavy hair fell down to her shoulders, and it was the perfect blonde color. She was wearing a black V-neck top, and boyfriend jeans with the ankles rolled up, and Timberlands on her feet. She had a tool belt covering up the strip of skin exposed between her shirt and jeans, and Jade was upset by that, to be completely honest. After Jade slowly dragged her eyes back up to Perrie’s face, she realized Perrie’s dazzling blue eyes were lit up in amusement.