Chapter 2: The Lusii

Don't forget to read TheRandomBooks' counterpart to this story, Medesa's Story!

~*~*~

Last Chapter:

You looked around for an exit, but you only then realized what was on the other side of the pit. There were dozens of large white creatures standing towering above you, seeming as if they were evaluating you. There were tiny flying beasts with large horns and a ring in their nose, a lobster-ish thing standing on two legs, a giant hairy being with eight legs, and all sorts of other creatures.

~*~*~

P.O.V. - Rapara - Grub

You shied away from the large white things, losing your happy attitude. You carefully avoided both the pit and the creatures, hoping they would turn their gaze to something else. A loud rumbling came from the animals, then a series a clicking sounds and a caw, as if from a bird. You let out a small squeak, causing the sounds to grow louder, and you were certain that you were going to die right then and there. However, all that happened was the creatures' noise to slowly end, and then they all turned and left the room through the tunnels that were hidden behind them. You sighed in relief and turned to one of the tunnels. It was the only one you hadn't seen one of the big white monsters go down.

As you walked down the hall, you started to hear something like a waterfall. You quickly remembered your earlier hunger, and also realized you were thirsty. when you came to another room-like opening in the tunnel, you found another pit that was filled with water. A small stream of water poured out of a hole near the ceiling of the cave and into the pool. Deciding it looked safe, you ran up to the pool to take a drink. You took a long sip of the crisp, clear water, and then sat down and listened to you stomach rumble.

While sitting and waiting for food to magically appear (because that was what you were doing, as a matter of fact), you began to notice small brown things jumping out of the water. Curious, you walked to the edge of the pool, and then straight into it. You couldn't swim, but you could get you legs in the water. From your new position, you could see that the brown jumping things were tiny minnows and tadpoles. You had no idea that the tadpoles would eventually turn into frogs, so you assumed they were just more fish. With your stomach still growling, you sprang on a particularly large minnow and chomped down on it. It didn't taste very good, but it was better than the blue liquid that came out of the other grub that you fought on your way here.

You began to eat the tiny minnows and tadpoles, although the baby frogs were actually really disgusting. You were so consumed with filling your stomach with raw fish that you didn't notice when one of the large white creatures swam up in the water. You heard the splash as its head broke the surface of the water, and looked up sharply from the minnow you were chasing. This white thing had a slightly pointed head, and ten arms. Its eyes were teal, and the skin was the same teal-tinted color as the odd spheres you had climbed over to get into the tunnels. Surprisingly, you didn't feel scared of this monstrous being, and instead of running away, you squeaked and purred in delight.

The thing left you in peace for a while, and you kept hunting the fish. After you were full and your eyes began to droop, the ten-limbed thing wrapped you in its tentacle-like arms and pulled you underwater. It knit it's arms together so tightly that no water got into the space it created for you. You curled up in the air-tight circle of arms, and closed you eyes. The white thing make a soft rumbling sound, more like a deep purr than a growl, and you chirped something that sounded like, "Looshoosh!" in response. You slowly drifted asleep, content and warm.

Meet Rapara when she's 4.615 sweeps (10 years) old in Chapter 3: Rapara's Life: Pre-Alcrán!