Part Thirty-Three

"You- You what?" Louis says with wide eyes. His posture shuffles and Harry looks at him. Their eyes meeting for a while and this time they didn't look away. Both of then searching each others minds to find a reaction to give them some kind of clue of what was going on. 

"I love you Lou. I do. I just didn't really see it before. Not that it's an excuse for the way I treated you but I am sorry." Harry says and Louis stays put for a minute. His eyes search Harry's once more before looking at the ground and backing up into the wall. Harry didn't expect this reaction but then again he didn't know what to expect. Harry's eyebrows furrowed and then he took a deep breath, letting his face fall to the floor. 

"Harry, I, you can't mess with me anymore. I can't handle this anymore! I can't listen to you lie to me. You're saying this now but tomorrow you'll yell at me and say I'm the messed up one. I can't, I can't." Louis started to breathe hard and he fell to the floor. His breaths were short and his eyes were soaked. 

"Louis I'm not saying this as a joke. This isn't something I'm gonna take back today, tomorrow or even ten years from now. Louis I love you." Harry said while stepping closer. Louis' breaths were still out of order but Harry hadn't really noticed. They stayed quiet as Louis tried to find his breathing pattern. 

"Harry, Ha-" Louis said but he couldn't speak right. Harry's eyes grew wide when he realized that Louis was having a panic attack. He dropped down beside him and pushed his hair out of his face. 

"Lou, hey, listen it's okay." Harry said while throwing his arm around his shoulder. Louis shook his head and kept rocking himself back and forth. Harry wrapped his arms around him and squeezed him tightly, trying to keep him calm. Harry laid his ear against his chest and Harry took deep breaths. 

"Listen Louis, listen to my heart beat, my lungs. Follow me. Deep breath in, hold, deep breath out." Harry said. Louis took a deep breath then coughed and kept rocking. Louis listened to his heart, hearing the beating and followed the way his chest rose and fell. Harry repeated that for a while till Louis slowed down and finally he was calm. Louis didn't pull away, just sniffled his nose every now and then to let Harry know he was okay. 

"I do love you Louis, I promise." He whispered to Louis. Louis gripped Harry's shirt tightly and then pulled away, looking up at him through tear stained eyes and splotching red cheeks. 

"How do I know you're telling the truth Harry?" Louis said quietly, his voice hoarse from crying so much. Harry took a deep breath thinking, knowing that actions speak louder than words. He looked around and spotted his phone on his table and went to it, grabbing it and dialing Gemma's number. 

"Harry what are-" Harry held up a finger to Louis as the phone rang. Gemma picked up and Harry smiled at her voice. she sounded exhausted or maybe she just woke up from a nap. 

"Hey sis." He says and then you hear her talk for a bit. Harry chuckled and Louis watched, finding the strength to get up. He crossed his arms and stared at Harry intently, focused on his body movement and eyes. 

"Yeah, I was just calling to tell you some good news." Harry smiled and looked over at Louis. Harry's eyes flashed a bit of fear before switching back to smiling. Louis walked over to him. The air was intense as Harry continued. 

"Turns out things worked out for me and Lou. We're gonna talk to Simon sometime soon and call off the tattoo removal." Harry said and Louis suddenly felt overwhelmed again but not in a bad way. It was like good feelings were poured into his heart and he was happy. He was more than happy; try ecstatic. 

Louis could hear Gemma get all excited in the phone. He let Harry talk to her for a bit and went to the dining room table. He looked at the papers on the table and frowned. Harry watched Louis but listened to Gemma, laughing every now and then. Louis fingered through the papers, wondering why Harry had his contract with Zayn out.