Shoelaces

Hi shisters, how are you? It's been a while, writer's block is a bitch, but here's a short one.

Mackenzie, more known as Mack, goes to Scoops Ahoy Ice Cream Shop with her best friends, Annie and Lexi. She trips over her shoelaces, stumbling, and tumbles towards the floor. The laws of gravity are defied and she opens one of her eyes, only to be met with two eyes as bright and beautiful as emerald city.

"Woah, you're hot." He blurts, and she squirms in his arms, scrambling to her feet. She glances at her friends, standing off to the side, snickering, before looking at the boy again.

"Uh, thank you." She mumbles awkwardly, stuttering. "No problem. But, you should probably tie your shoes." He responds, smiling lightly.

She looks down at her shoes, and kicks her foot out , not knowing what else to do, being the awkward person she was. "Here." he mutters, and bends down, tying her shoes for her.

She was confused. A very attractive male was dangerously close to her feet.
It's wierd.

When he gets back to his feet, she looks at him for a good three seconds, before turning towards the door, not forgetting the ice cream she had refused to let hit the floor.

"Wait." He calls after her, and she cringes as she stops in her tracks, wanting to get away from this awkward moment forever. "Yes?" She says, turning around slowly.

"C-can I get your number?" He stutters nervously. "I'm not a creep, I swear." He reassures her quickly, and she stifles a giggle.

Sighing, she holds her hand out for his phone, thinking, "what's the harm?"

He grins, but pulls out a pen instead. "I left my phone at home."
She scribbles the number down. "So, see you around?" He says. She blushes when his finger brushes over her knuckle as she hands the pen back.

"Maybe." She gingerly utters, smiling, and walks towards her friends who stand by the door, smirking.

"That wasn't funny, my ice cream is half melted, and it was painfully awkward." She snaps humorously at her friends once they leave, and they laugh at her.

"On the bright side, a cute boy asked for your number!" Lexi says. "Mack is making money moves." Annie adds, and the two cringe at her choice of words, laughing soon after.

"I didn't give him my actual number, I changed the two to a three." She shrugs. "Why?! He told you he wasn't a creep." Lexi whines at her introvert friend.

"If I told you I wasn't a spy when you first met me, without you asking, would you think I was a spy?"

"No."
"Yes."
Lexi and Annie answer simultaneously, Lexi being confused by the question while Annie answers with no hesitation whatsoever.
"Exactly." Mackenzie says, motioning to Annie because of her answer, and Lexi the Logical rolls her eyes playfully.

~~

"Lauren, is that a two or a three?" Johnny runs to his sister's room,  plopping on her bed and sticking his forearm in her face.

"Uh...I don't know, a two?" She guesses, returning her attention back to her phone.
"Thanks, pizza puff." He calls over his shoulder, and Lauren rolls her eyes.
Knowing the number was from a girl, she mumbles, "Man whore."