Chapter One- Lake Day

Kasie's POV:

It's the day before my sophomore year, which means it's the annual lake day. All of my friends meet at our favorite lake and spend the whole day together. As I'm getting ready, I hear my best friends Jen and Elaine coming up my stairs to my bedroom.

"Come on Kasie!" They both yell as they enter my room.

"Isaac said that he's there with everyone and they are waiting for us to arrive," Elaine says.

I joke, "How long can you go without talking about your perfect boyfriend, Elaine?"

At the bottom of the stairs, we run into my mom.

"And where are you girls going?" She asks us.

"Lake day, remember?" I respond while running out of my house.

As I'm driving, Elaine falls asleep in the back seat for a while and Jen and I are talking about random subjects. she asks me,

Jen asks, "So which guy do you think you would be talking to today?"

"Come on Jen. You know I would chat it up with Wyatt if he could come."

I find myself wishing he could come today, even though most of the time he is super cocky or just rude to me. He is so freaking gorgeous; He has blonde hair, green eyes, huge biceps, and he plays on varsity football. But he's so popular, he'd never go for a girl like me. A polite, loving, outgoing girl. Sometimes it seems as if all he goes for are the sluts.

When we get to our favorite lake, everyone meets us at our car to help us unload our coolers, floaties, and food.

As I'm grabbing my big shark floaty, I hear him come up behind me and say, "Hey Kasie."

I turn around surprised, "Wyatt? I didn't know you were coming today."

"Coach cancelled practice." He answers as he lifts a cooler from the trunk.

"Oh! It's cool that you could come then!" I say as he smiles at me.

I return a friendly smile towards Wyatt then make my way down to the lake with Jen and Elaine.

When I get there, I immediately take my shorts and tee-shirt off, it's obvious that he's gawking at me the entire time. Jen calls me over to talk so I go to her after I finish changing.

Jen mutters, "Have you noticed he.."

"Yeah I have," I cut her off.

Wyatt interrupts my conversation with Jen and teases, "Damn Kasie, when did you get so fucking hot?"

I could be nice and say that I agree with Wyatt, because I guess it's true. This year I got my braces taken off, and I switched my glasses for contacts. But instead of giving him the benefit of the doubt, I mutter between my teeth, "Screw you Donavan" I then flip him off and walk into the water.

As I stand in the lake water, I notice how beautiful it is today. The sky is a pretty shade of powder blue, the usual color for the Arizona sky. I spot a few thunder clouds in the distance. It's really nice to have a day where I can hangout with all of my favorite people and just relax at the most gorgeous place. I could honestly live here forever if that meant I was surrounded with all of my best friends.

Now it's time for the rope swing. I get out of the water and put my tank top on, no need for my shorts getting wet. When everyone has what little clothes on, we decide to make the short hike to the high cliff. While on the way there, Isaac was keeping us entertained by strumming on his guitar and humming along. Elaine starts singing one of my favorite Beyoncé songs, and finally the mildly short hike is over. I walk out to the edge to stare into the water just as I feel someone's arm swing around my shoulder. Then I hear Jen's voice right behind me.