News Salad: Events

• Dedicated to all the muslims

Events:

July’s event limelight goes to ‘Ramadan’ because seeing that all the admins of this magazine are Muslims, this event is real important. According to the Islamic calendar, Ramadan is the ninth month during which all the Muslims around the world observe fasting which is regarded as one of the five pillars of Islam. This month lasts for about 29 to 30 days depending on the visual sighting of the crescent moon.

The month of fasting is not about just stopping the intake of food and water from Dawn to sunset, it is much-much more than that. During the fast, the person refrains from consuming food, drinking liquids, smoking, and engaging in sexual relations; in some interpretations Muslims also refrain from other behavior which could be perceived as sinful such as swearing, engaging in disagreements, backbiting and procrastination. So, that good is spread and evil dwindles.

The significance of Ramadan is clear from the fact that this is the month when the Quran was revealed to the people as guidance in this world and the world hereafter, however, no-one knows the exact date on which it was revealed

. After the 29 or 30 day period, the end of the month is marked by the holiday of Eid-ul-Fitr which is a gift from Allah for all the Muslims for their fasts. On this day, fasting is prohibited and Muslims are asked to celebrate it in full spirits!