Chapter 1 - 3 Weeks

You take a deep breath as you open up the glass door that read "Dunder Mifflin Paper Company". Your nerves were high, unsure of what to expect today.
It had been 3weeks since you joined the Dunder Mifflin Family and it didn't take very long to learn how dysfunctional the Scranton branch was.

You slumped into the office feeling drained. It's was going to be another long day making phone calls and selling paper. You plopped down next to your desk mate.
     "Hey Jim" you greeted him with a yawn. Your computer screen blipped open blinding you with the harsh blue that was the generic Dunder Mifflin backround.
"Rough night?" Jim asks
"Rough life" you replied before laying your head down on the keyboard for a moment. When you looked back up you realized something was missing from your daily routine. Instead of the usual 9am snarky look of disapproval you were used to everyday, the seat directly across from you was empty.
"Where's Dwight?" You turned back to Jim.
"Wouldn't you like to know" Dwight sneered at you walking past reception, past Jim and plopping down in his seat.
"You're late" Jim addressed him.
"And your heads to big for your body. Now that we're done making observations, why don't you shut up and get some actual work done" he scoffed.
Jim just rocked in his chair and turned his attention back to his computer screen. "Alright crazy" he whispered under his breath.
     You quickly followed Jim and and tried to focus on your own workload in front of you. Dwight Shrute was a rare kind of individual with a complicated personality. He had a prideful Aura radiating off him, and was constantly seeking praise from his superior, Michael.
     Your first day on the job you had extended your hand out to politely shake his and his response was to just stare at you until you felt uncomfortable then walked away without a word.
     A loud yawn echoed across the table. You peeked around the computer. This was unusual for Dwight. He was normally fully alert, throwing himself fully into his work, but today he sat slouched in his chair. You noticed large black bags beneath his eyes.
      "What're you looking at?" Dwight looked up catching you off guard. "Stop eyeballing my things" He quickly grabbed at his stapler and tape dispenser that were on his deck and shoved them in the top drawer. Remember the story of how Jim kept putting his things in Jell-o, his paranoia was justified.
      You shrugged it off and turned back to your computer, but once again you couldn't focus. You kept thinking about his face. He looked sad, as if something was bothering him.
Dwight got out of his chair and made his way into the break room. Despite him being nothing but cold towards you since you started working there, you felt bad. You decided to follow him into the break room, hoping this time he might open up to you.

I might edited this a little later. ~