Chapter 11-Toasts

Swift's P.O.V:

After Amanda and Bill had left, I stood there and we stared at each other for a while. "Bill said we should write our toasts now.", Taylor broke the awkward silence. "Okay."

I sat down at the desk and pulled out a scrap of paper. "I think I'm gonna write a song for them."

"So the third song you ever wrote is about some wedding. That kinda hurt my feelings.", he muttered.

I turned around with my chair. "You honestly think I only wrote three songs? No, mister, I wrote MANY songs. I wanted to stop, but I couldn't!"

He stared at me with a open mouth. "Oh.", was everything he could say.

I sighed and faced the top of the desk again.

After a time of silent writing, I dramatically threw my pencil on to the table and turned back to him. "Finished!", I said. "Yeah, I guess me too. I'll read it to you."

He started presenting a toast about how his two best friends got together and so on. "And if you ever break u-" He stopped and we stared at each other. "Okay, go on Taylor. Yell at me and tell me, what nasty guy I am!"

I bit my lip. "Well, first of all, I think the worst way of breaking up is cheating on somebody. It's even worse, than the other one dying."

"I didn't cheat on you, for gods sake! Me an Mary are just friends!"

"Yeah, but you LIED to me! I was there, I saw you. And you said, that you're out with friends. FRIENDS!"

"Oh, okay, I lied to you! But you were just really clingy the time I was gone!"

"You know why? Because all of a sudden I had nightmares about my ex wanting to kill you! And for the record, the girl you were out with wanted to KILL you!"

"She... What?"

"She wanted to kill you."

Then I stood up and ran out of the room, through the kitchen and outside, where I got in to the car and drove off. -------------