Love, Child: Ch. 9

Their footsteps stomped throughout the halls as they ran towards the lions. They had checked the castle twice, no one was found. Boarding the lions, Taylor figured it was a good time to mention this.

"Uhm, dad?" He piped up shyly. "I hope you know I uh, don't know how to fly a ship."

"Don't worry, chico. I didn't either when I first found Blue. The lion will guide you." It didn't seem as encouraging as he thought.

Red and Blue shot out of the ship at lightning speed, whereas Green didn't have a paladin.

Taylor stood at the foot of the mechanical lion, amazed at the size, larger than his lion at home. He felt intimidated, as if he was glued to the spot. He felt Pidge's fear, and how angry she was getting. Soon enough, the fear was growing rapidly. 'It's been so long, when are those two dunderheads getting here? I'm trying to stay sane. This isn't our first hostage situation. But it's taken them a while. Maybe they aren't coming...'

He felt something warm run down his cheek. It felt like tears. He felt his own face to realize that he wasn't the one crying.

His sympathy got the best of him. He wanted to let her know that they were coming for her. He wanted to tell her that she should stay strong. Instead, he let out a sob of his own.

"Don't worry, auntie Pidgey. We're coming."

A surge of green and yellow went through his body. The green was familiar, but the yellow was entirely different. Slowly, the green lion stood, and let out a deafening roar.

Taylor smiled widely, then let out a cheer. The lion bowed down and opened its mouth, letting him in.

The cockpit was familiar, so naturally his instincts kicked in. He pushed the reins and suddenly a surge of confidence shot up in him. He was legitimately flying.

"See, chico! You did it!" Lance cheered through the radio.

"Come on, Taylor. Let's go get our friends back."

==============================
"STOP! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Screams and cries of help deafened the halls.

"GET AWAY! DONT HURT US!"

The stomping of feet and the heavy breathing.

"He's gone insane."

"Is it really him?"

"It has to be."

"...Shiro?"

============================================================
Uh, hey guys. Sorry I was gone for like, 2 months. A lot of things got the best of me, but rest assured that I'll come back to this! I'm skrry about all of the waiting I put you guys through. Also, let's hope that tomorrow isnt the worst day of our lives. Signing out, Kinky.