Chapter 1

I woke up to and instantly realized that something was not right. I should have been hearing gun fire and explosions, but instead it was pure silence. I went to look out the window, and before I could open the curtain a blood curtailing scream came from the streets. I quickly ripped open the curtain and saw a man over a woman in the streets. I quickly grabbed the AR beside my bed and focused the scope on the mans back. 

I quickly saw that something was off about this man. He had bullet holes all through his back already, but he was still attacking the woman. I realize that I can't get a clear shot without hurting the woman so I quickly head for the door. Throwing the AR on my back and grabbing the 1911 from beside the door, I make my way out the door. I focus my aim right at the mans heart and fire, striking him directly in the heart.

Instead of falling over dead, the man started running towards me. I quickly fire another shot and hit him right between the eyes. The man finally falls over dead and I make my way over to the woman. The man had bit the woman in multiple places and she started having what seemed like a seizure. I tried to get a response, but as soon as I said anything she got up and came at me the same way the man had. 

I quickly did her the same way I had the man and dropped her to the ground. I looked down the street and realized that there were many people the same as the man. I quickly get back in my building and secure the door. I grab the phone and call Elizabeth, which leads to panic after the second ring. "Hello?" I hear after the third ring, and it's not hard to tell that I woke her up.