Chapter 2

Ariyanna POV

It's around midnight right now and I can't sleep. I just can't believe they really making me pick up and move without even asking me if that's what I wanted. And it's not even the fact that I have to go live with my dad and his family. It's that they waited until the day before I'm supposed to leave to tell me that I'm leaving.

I was laying down on the couch in our living room watching the tv and texting my bestfriend, Alex.

Alex-So you really have to leave?

Me-Yes.

Alex-Well, can you come meet me at the park on the corner by your house.

Me-Yeah. Give me like 10 minutes and I'll be there.

Alex-Ok.

I got up off the couch and went to my room to put on some leggings and a sweatshirt cause its kinda cool outside.

Once I have it on, I tip toe back out to the front room and unlock the door.

I slowly open it and walk out then close it.

I walk down to the park and Alex is already there waiting for me.

I walk up to him and he hugs me.

Alex-So you're leaving?

Me-Yea. I don't want to but they're making me.

Alex-Why didn't anyone tell you before your dad just popped up?

Me-I don't know.  My mom had been acting kinda weird lately tho, and I had a feeling that something was up.  I just didn't know what.

Alex-Ari, can I tell you something?

Me-You know you can tell me anything Alex.

Alex-I..I love you Ari.

I look at him shocked.

Me-Alex..I....

Alex-I knew I shouldn't have told you. I know you don't feel the same way about me.

Me-No. Alex I do feel the same way. I just...it just kind of caught me off guard.

I hugged him. I can't believe they are ripping me away from my life. I have to leave everything that I know and love and start over somewhere new and I don't want to.

Alex-No matter how far away you go, I will always be there for you.  We gon always be here for each other. I'm gon miss you so much but it's going to be OK Ari.

Me-I don't want to leave, Alex. They are just forcing this and I just want to run away. I don't want to go back because I don't want to leave and move to Oakland. That's so far away from everyone and everything that I love.

Alex-No Ari, you can't run away. Moving to Oakland won't be that bad. Yes, I'm going to miss you.  Everybody is going to miss you, but running away isn't going to change or solve anything. All its going to do is make things worse.

Me-I hate it when you're right.

Alex-You love me though.

Me-I do and I am really going to miss you like hell when I leave.

Alex-Do you want to walk down to Wendy's before you go back home?

Me-Sure.

We start walking down the street and we're at Wendy's in less than 5 minutes.

We go in and get our usual and sit down at the table before we finish talking and then Alex walks me back home.

I look at the clock on my phone and it says 4:33 a.m. I know my mom is going to be waking up soon so I have a few minutes to get back in before she notices I was ever even gone.