Chapter 1: Lunchroom Theater

Byrd's P.O.V:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Hello? Byrd? BYRD! Earth to Byrd! Are you listening to me?!" I come out of my daydream long enough to see my best friend, Sebastian, snapping his fingers near my head. I shake my head and look down, to see my empty food tray. I look over and Sebastian had more nachos then usual.

"Hey! You know you can't take advantage of me when I start thinking!" I yell. Sebastian shrugs, and munches on another nacho chip. "Think of it as a best friend perk." he smirks. I narrow my eyes and prepare to launch, when he asks a question that throws me totally off guard.

"So who were you thinking about?" I freeze. I can't tell him who I was crushing on. I mean, yea he knows I'm a lesbian. That's one reason I'm his best friend, because I'm not one of the thousands of girls in this school who chase after him. I can't tell him, because I'm crushing on the best friend of my worst enemy. Lucas Osborne.

"What about Lucas?" I nearly jump out of my skin. Sebastian is now fully focused on me, his eyes twinkling with hope. Crap, I must have said that part out loud. "Yeah, what about Lucas?" I look across the table to see my other best friend, Jean Holland, leaning across the table with the biggest smile on her face.

Jean, Sebastian and I were part of the school hipster crowd. Actually, we were the ONLY school hipster crowd, so it was usually only us three at a lunch table every day. That was okay, because we loved each other like family.

"Nothing about Lucas! I was only thinking out loud about how much I hate him!" I protest. My friends, as well as Lucas's friends, have been trying to get us together since the 5 grade. Besides being gay and lesbian, Lucas and I HATE each other. It's not for any particular reason. It's just that he acts like people don't have any emotions whatsoever! He is constantly telling it like it is, and not caring about other's feelings. He is the King of all jerkwads!

" Are you sure you just 'hate' him Byrd?" Jean asks suggestively, raising an eyebrow. I feel my face heat up as I hiss, "Lucas and I will never be a thing! EVER!"

"You better not be!"

What the hell?

Right behind me is the school's queen bee, Heather Barker. Just greeeaaatttttttt.

Heather has her hands on her hips, and is sending me the most pathetic death glare I've ever seen. "Lucas, as you all know, is mine. So LAY OFF." she snapped. Jean and Seb just glare at her, but I'm full out laughing my head off at the pathetic blond. "What makes you think he wants you? He's gay you idiot!" I laugh harder.

Heather huffs and stamps her foot. " Your lying! If you can get him while he's gay, then I can do it!" She eyes me up and down. "In fact, I don't know why he would go for you of all people. No one would be attracted to your flat butt." I growl at her, but Jean jumps in before I could get a word in.

"Flat butt? Please girl. The only junk in your trunk, is a bunch of flat tires." Sebastian whooped, and gave her a high five across the table, while Heather just let out a fluttery gasp.

"Ah, are girls arguing over me again?"

Oh great. Now here comes Lucas in all his glory, flanked the two of his friends. His sister, Kara Osborne, and his best friend, Noah Carter.

Where are these people coming from?!

This is way too much for me. I jump up from the table and speed walk out the lunchroom. I didn't get far before I felt Sebastian grab my arm and whirl me around, caging me against the wall with his arms.

"Why did you leave us hanging back there?" I sighed and hung my head. "You know I don't do well with drama." I mumble. Sebastian sighs and takes his arms of the wall. "I know, I know. I'm sorry I got you dragged into that." He gave me his puppy eyes through his bangs. "Will you forgive me?" I chuckle and wrap my arms around him. I love Sebastian. He's like my big brother I'll never have.

"Ahem." We let go to see Jean standing there looking left out. "Can I get in this too?" Seb and I laugh and open our arms. We all just stand there hugging, because we are each other's family.

We were enjoying the hug until we heard a voice.

"Would know be a bad time too talk too Byrd?"

We peel off each other too look and see who dare interrupt our moment.

Lucas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well hellur there! This is my first official book on Wattpad. Yay! *throws confetti* It's not that good yet, but hang in there, because it does get better. (I'm sorry for the crappy pink cover. I couldn't find anything better) Sooooooooooooo Bye!