iii

"Dude, what's up with you? You look like you've just seen a ghost." Minho asked as he walked alongside Thomas. He really did look like he'd seen a ghost. His skin was too pale, his cheeks too flushed. And not to mention each step seemed heavier than the last.

"W-what if I did see one?"

Minho busted out into laughter at that. But he abruptly stopped when he saw the sincere look on Thomas's face.

"I don't think Teresa's dead."

Minho stopped walking and grabbed Thomas by the shoulders. "Listen shank, she's gone and I know she was your girlfriend or whatever, but she's gone. Now suck it up or no one here will respect you. You understand?" Thomas nodded his head simply for Minho's benefit. "C'mon let's get a move on, we're gonna be late for the Gathering."

When the two made it to the Gathering, everyone was in a crowd. Thomas was bombarded with questions, people continuously throwing their words at him.

"Another one of the Homes crashed, do we keep going or find a different spot for it?"

"Well it depends... which part of the-"

Thomas was interrupted by a little pinch in his butt. He turned around and gave Brenda an annoyed look. She began to pout, sticking her bottom lip out. Normally where this would've turned him on, he just spun back around to answer the previous Glader's question. Something had changed, and Brenda had noticed it.

***

Thomas began to zone out as Gally explained the new change in food provision distribution.

Hi Tom.

Thomas jumped up a little, and could hear laughter. He scanned the room. No one was laughing. They were all either looking interestedly at Gally, or zoning out just as Thomas had done. Again, the voice laughed. He imagined a girl lightly shoving his shoulder, with that same laugh.

Teresa?

Thomas had to strain to use the telepathy again, he hadn't done it in so long. Of course, there was always Aris, but you know, he was Aris.

No this is Patrick.

Something triggered in his mind, he remembered hearing that somewhere. Thomas tried to concentrate on his memory, but it was like there was a thick blanket over the images he was trying to see. Then he remembered watching the images on a screen, a young girl curled up against him.

Remember, Tom? Remember the popcorn?

Surprisingly, Thomas did remember. He remembered having popcorn wars with Teresa, and whoever lost had to make the first batch. He remembered munching on the rogue kernels while watching their favorite show, Spongebob SquarePants. He remembered. But this remembering hurt.

Stop. Teresa is dead. Just please stop.

Something changed in what had to be Teresa's voice. Find somewhere no one will go.

Wha-

JUST DO IT.

Thomas sprinted out of the Gathering, not even noticing Minho's cries behind him. He knew exactly where to go. Thomas bumbled along through the trees and leaped over stray logs. After running up to the massive rock, he rolled it away, letting loose a few grunts in the process. Thomas crawled into the cave and sealed the rock back behind him.

I'm by myself.

Good.

There was a long period of silence, but somehow he could hear the voice's breathing. At first it freaked him out, but it became comforting.

Tom.

Thomas pulled on his hair.

STOP IT!

Tom, I'm not dead.

Thomas screamed, this time outside of his head.

Listen to me.

TERESA IS DEAD. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Tom, listen to me. Listen. To. Me.

Thomas' breathing slowed, matching up to the voice's.

I'm not dead. And I need your help.

HI IDK IF THIS IS GOOD OR NOT BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS I UPDATED. ILYSM.

-Mags