9-18-18

Thanks for reading!
This is obviously spontaneous. Here's a cringeworthy humorous one for you guys. Please vote if you enjoy!
———

"hey guys, Sarah," the girl says. she has short blonde hair, green eyes, and peachy skin. her voice comes out somewhat raspy. she coughs, "sorry, I've been feeling a little sick lately."

the camera wobbles, going in and out of focus. she reaches forward and straightens the camera. pleased, her arms retreat to her sides.

"before i start, i'd like to thank all of you for watching. don't forget to like, comment, subscribe, donate, share, and follow me on social media!" her voice is bright but her eyes are tired. the teen needs to be sleeping, not vlogging.

"erhm," she coughs again. clears her throat, blinks twice. "just a general question. how many of you are sick, too? is that a personal question... or is it okay to ask?" she realizes how awkward that sounds after she said it. she sighs and puts her head in her hands.

the camera shakes again, and she's forced to fix it. she clicks a button, but doesn't check to see if it worked. it didn't, so the feed continues.

"hey guys, Sarah," she smiles this time. the cough doesn't interrupt her. "i'd first of all like to thank all of you for watching my videos! don't forget to like, comment, subscribe, share, donate, and follow me on social media!"

she claps at the end of that phrase with mock excitement. the camera shakes, but steadies. she exhales, grateful for its stability.

"today's video is on my opinion on music," she says cheerily. she pauses, realizing how awkward that sounds, but strides through nonetheless. "i love Panic! At The Disco, but I cannot stand Drake or Eminem. they're so fake. like Taylor Swift and Nikki Minaj."

she doesn't realize what sort of internet storm could surmise out of this. childhood oblivion.

"but, like," she coughs. but it doesn't stop. when she recovers, she says, "sorry guys," cringes at her hoarse voice, "i'm a little sick."

"Alrighty. but like i love Beebo. he's so cute. but honestly, if he dyed his hair any color of the spectrum he'd be like 1000 times hotter."

she pauses.

"you know it's true," and begins to cough again. finally, it gets so bad that she has to search, red in the face, for water. as soon as she leaves the screen, there's a THUMP and the screen goes black. you can hear her coughing in the distance.

"shIt!" she screeches when she realizes that the camera had fallen. "i'm so sorry... UGH new video i guess."

she hasn't realized that the start and stop recording button no longer works. she scribbles some notes down before pressing the broken play button.

"hey guys, Sarah," she repeats. "first of all i'd like to thank you guys for watching. don't forget to like, subscribe, comment, share, donate, and follow me on social media!"

there's no clap. perhaps she's learned.

"today's video is about music, and you guys obviously know that by the title," she says. it sounds like she's trying to remember the words instead of just saying them.

"first of all, music is how people express their feelings, even if they don't intend to do that. there's automatically that... sense of emotion in the songs." her thoughts make more sense now, and she seems confident in her words.

she continues, "music is the soul of life. it's lively when it's sad. it's colorful when you can't see it. it compels you when the singer takes a break. it's on fire without being matter. music's pretty chill."

she pauses, laughing lightly,"i don't know where that came from, but i'm really proud of those metaphors."

then, like a fever you can't sweat out, the cough returns. she's fine after a few seconds, but her focus had been disrupted, her eyes show that she knows it, too.

she sighs, "i'll just delete all of these dumb videos. bye guys, Sarah."

the screen goes black.

guess the off button still works.