9-2-18

hi lovely people! thanks so much for reading this!
today's story was inspired by feelings from yours truly. it's good to get those out once in a while, right?
———

he thrummed his fingers on his desk, anxious, but not knowing why. he reached into his hoodie, checking the time from his phone. but also checking his messages.

p: i hate class

with that one text, he realized that she was the reason he'd been antsy all day. he couldn't get her out of his mind. she would always sneak back in, and he'd have no focus for the rest of the day. so he smiled, and responded to her.

r: me too

it wasn't much of a conversation, but he was happier just by the fact that they were talking. it didn't matter what they were talking about. all that mattered was her.

p: can't wait to see you next class :)

his heart beated faster, and he — feeling paranoid — glanced around him to check if others were watching him. the other kids in his German class seemed to not care; they were either asleep, talking, or on their own phones. their teacher was who-knows-where, and the teenagers didn't care.

r: me neither

and he couldn't wait. no, sex wasn't something he wanted to think about. he just wanted to see her and get to know her. he wanted to know this beautiful person. this person he thinks, he thinks he might love.

but he isn't sure. he doesn't want to rush things. he doesn't want it to be awkward. he doesn't know if what he's feeling is real or not.

and deep down, he's scared of his own feelings. especially for her.

the bell rung, and he shook his head out of the clouds. it was the last class of the day. that last class, which he has with her.

r: meet me by my locker
p: aight i'll be there in 2 mins
r: mhm ok

he waited by his locker, outside of the wing where their last class was. the class that introduced each other. the class that was at the end of the day.

"hey," he said, and looked into her green eyes.

she blushed, and moved a strand of dark hair behind her ear, "hi. what's up?"

he smiles, "uh, nothing much." then he looked down at her, down the three inch height difference. "do you want to go out with me?"

she smiled, "never thought you'd ask."

he felt joy that he'd never felt before. smiling. there was nothing else to do but smile. he couldn't help it. he couldn't help that she made him feel like this. so he nodded, cleared his throat, and walked her to their class.

somehow, everyone had heard their little conversation already.

this time, he wasn't scared of his feelings. he was happy. the only thing on his mind was her.