Yeah, About That...

725 not including a/n

Trans!Cas×Dean AU
Was originally going to be soulmate au but oh well
Also where the hell was I going with this. Turned out to not really be destiel but idgaf

Ariel always knew she was different.

It states when she was young, never wanting to wear the dresses and skirts she was given, and insisting on being the Dad or Brother when the kids were playing pretend.

Her parents never thought anything of it, thinking it was because she was the only girl in a house of boys, apart from her mother. They didn't mind, as long as she was happy.

But as she grew up, she realised that she wasn't just a tomboy. She was a boy. Except she wasn't.

So she did the logical thing and kept it to herself, letting her family and friends she was just an intense tomboy.

It wasn't until she was 13 did she discover the word transgender. It fit.

So, in her mind, Ariel became many different things, until she- no, he, settled on Castiel, to keep up the family tradition of angelic names.

It was nice

---------------

"Ariel! Hey, hey, Ari!"

Castiel flinched inwardly at the use of the name, looking up to see the face of his best friend, Charlie Bradbury, standing at the end of their table with a boy who's eyes were... quite green, to say the least.

Titling his head in response, she immediately jumped to introduce the newcomer to their group.

"Dean, meet Ariel-" Another hidden flinch- "Kevin, Benny, Ash, and Jo! Guys, this is Dean Winchester, he's new."

Everyone gave their own small greeting, and Dean just stood there awkwardly. Castiel's internal gay-dar was going off, but very quietly, so he passed it off as just Charlie sending off vibes, as always.

~time skip because I'm lazyyyyyyyy~

Dean and Castiel quickly became close friends. There was a lot if teasing from the others, considering they were a boy and a "girl", in their eyes, and how Dean could get with anybody he wanted to, when he bothered. Of course, Cas was obviously super into Dean, but he didn't stand a chance with the boy.

It wasn't until the end of their Junior year that Dean came out to Castiel, and Castiel only.

----------------

"Ok, ok, ok, let's play Truth or Dare!" This coming from a more than slightly drunk Charlie, who had invited all her close friends over for a mini party, because it's Charlie.

Dean, already having a horrendous plan to tell his best friend he's bisexual, did not have any drinks.

Castiel, also having a horrendous plan that involved volunteering as resident Mom-friend, did also not have any drinks.

And so, by the time Charlie proposed this game, they were the only ones still sober.

And the only ones who didn't want to join the game.

"Ari, while they're busy, I, uh, I gotta tell you something." Dean glanced over at the group. "In private."

Castiel wondered what Dean could want to tell him. He didn't want to be friends? No, that wasn't like him. He wanted to be more than friends? Even less likely.

Nevertheless, Castiel followed Dean to the upstairs bathroom, the only room where the others had no chance of over hearing anything they said.

Right, you got this. Go on, Dean. Just tell her.

"Ok, you know I- You know I'm not good at, well, talking about stuff, but I just gotta tell you, cause it'll drive me insane if I don't."

Ok, not at all worrying. Maybe he does like Cas like that? Nope, not happening.

"Charlie just came out to the rest of them, right? And she did, and then I'm thinking, Oh, nobody minds this, maybe I could come out too. So, here I am, alone in a bathroom with my best friend, telling her that I'm bisexual."

Aaaaaaand that was not where Castiel was expecting this to go. He was so not expecting to say what he did.

"Well, if we're on the subject of coming out..." ABORT ABORT ABORT "I got something to tell you, too. I'm trans."

Please let him know what it means, please let him know what it means.

Dean's eyes widened, obviously shocked at his best friend's confession.

"You do know what that means, right? I hate having to constantly explain it. In theory, of course, you're the only one who knows."

Dean still looked pretty surprised, bit he managed to get it together for long enough to ask a simple question.

"So, what's your name?"

"My name is Castiel."

-----------
Yes, Ariel is apparantly an angel name. Blame Google, for not telling me what angels were male and which were female.

So yeah, I wrote a trans au. Never even had any destiel, but like I'm too lazy to write that in. Maybe there might one day be a part two, where Cas actually transitions. Maybe.