Do You..?

Dear You,

                        Sometimes things are actually true, other times they're not. They say ' Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will not hurt me. ' But somehow, this is not really true. Well in my case it isn't. And no, I'm not talking about throwing a dictionary at someone. I'm talking about spoken words, not written words. Why do I believe that the statement is wrong? Because, even though words may not cause physical damage, they can really cause some chaos in your mind. But a few certain things need to be present. One: If you care about what is said. Two: If what is said has to do with something that really affects you. Three: That small place in your heart where you put away all the bad stuff and insecurities, regrets etc. But what the heck do I know? I'm just a normal everyday person you might see on the street. But I know someone can relate. Like if you have some size and your insecure about it and someone comes along and call you fat in a way that seems very insulting. And if you like a person a lot and care what they think about you, the simplest 'joke' that also insults you, even though you know they don't mean it, it might just somehow hurt. People never usually use their words wisely. And don't even think that I'm sitting here preaching like if I never offended someone with my words, cause I have lots of incidents where that has happened. But still, even though what you said was in the past, it was so darn heartbreaking. I pointed it out and you felt bad about it, which also somehow made me feel guilty. So I put on a smile and acted all as if it wasn't a big deal, cheered you up and made you forget the topic. But I'm sitting here, drowing in all the self pity and agony. It's like I can never forget about it. I wonder, do you understand? If not, will you ever understand? I'll wait. But just remember, a rock can still be broken if you have the right tools and techniques. 

                                                              Love, 

                                                                        Anjerika