Chapter 1

(If you see any errors pls tell me so I can fix it thxs!)

 Trees...That's all I can see. 'It's beautiful, really, I can't wait to explore it.' Me and my family have been driving for a day, 7 hours and 10 minutes. We only have 14 minutes to go until we reach our destination, Tyko Indiana. I don't particularly mind moving, in fact I've been wanting to move for the past couple years. Sure I'll miss my friends but a change from our city in California is nice. We're coming to Tyko during the summer so making some friends might be harder but I'll manage, some alone time will be nice anyway.

"Payton." My dad says taking me away from my thoughts

"we're almost here. How are you holding up?"

I look away from the window and smile lightly "good, I'm really excited! These woods are so beautiful..."

my mom turns to look at me and says "they are, and there is a lake and pond here."

I can feel my smile widen as I say "That sounds amazing!" 

She turns away from me as her and my dad start another conversation about our house and my dad's new job. I begin to stare out the window again getting lost in my train of thought. We arrived in town not long after. It's a cute little town, the kind of town where everyone knows everyone. Most of the buildings in the town are small little cottages and a couple stores, like the one we will be staying in. In the center of town there are restaurants, shops, and markets. Our house is a little closer to the edge of town. As we pull up to it I take notice in all the old fashioned details. The outside is a light yellow with white lining. And we have a small yard that's lined by a short brick wall with a little black gate. I jump out of the car and grab my bags quickly and rush into the house with my long light brown hair whipping behind me. Inside the house is more modern and mostly white, with a few plants here and there. It's amazing I think to myself. Go up the stairs taking them two at a time, upstairs there are 4 doors one leads to what I suppose will be my mom and dad's room, another their bathroom, one is probably going to be my dad's office, and then the last one is room with creamy yellow walls, a queen sized bed, a desk with bookshelves next to it,a sliding door closet, my own bathroom,and a window seat! 

This is definitely going to be my room. I open the door wider and flop down on my new bed. I love it I think to myself. It's perfect. We had the movers come before us so we wouldn't have to wait. I go down stairs to get my boxes and start unpacking. After about an hour or so of packing my room is almost done. I grab my sketch pad, pencils, earplugs, and phone and stuff them into one of my little backpacks. I tell my parents that I'm going to walk around town and try to find a quiet place to draw. As I walk outside a nice fresh breeze rushes against my light olive skin. I smile to myself as I start walking towards town. I actually think I'm going to like it here. From our street you can see the beginning of the forest, which is lush with trees and bushes. I wonder what kind of animals live there? 

The walk to town is nice and quiet, much different from the bustling noises from our old city in California. But it's a nice quiet and a much needed one at that. I come across a little park with a small playground that some little kids are playing on. I find a bench and sit down. I look around to try to find some inspiration, preferably something not moving. Up in one of the trees there is a small small sparrow's nest, I can't see the eggs from down here but I can see the mamma bird sitting protectively in front of it. I get out my sketch pad and start to sketch out the tree. Trying to put in as much of the beautiful details that I can. I've always loved to draw. I've been drawing since I was three years old, now I'm sixteen, that's thirteen years of experience so I'd like to think that I'm pretty good even though my toddler years don't necessarily count. I get lost in sketching and when I'm just about done with the tree I feel a tap on my shoulder.       

AN: so this is my first chapter hope u enjoyed byeee💗