1st Stage

It's the start of a new semester in Starlight International School. Lee Chaeyeon was at the gates, waiting for a someone.

"Chaee-chan!!", a voice projected over from afar.

"Sakura!", Chaeyeon replied.

"Sorry, I kinda daydreamed a little on my walk here. Well, at least it's not late yet!"

"Yeah, yeah, let's go to our class! I can't wait to see the others after quite some time!"

So they went to their designated class for the new semester. As they went in, they were greeted by their classmates, some from and not from their old class.

"Hey, Sakura! Long time no see!"

"Nice to see you again, Chae!"

"Moshi moshi, both of you!"

They endured the first day of the new semester very smoothly. Though with Sakura's packed schedule with the Senbatsu Elections going on and Chaeyeon's sudden intense training with her agency. Chaeyeon went through, not knowing anything and just hoping for the best. As the day ended, they again, walked to the school gates together. "Chae-chan....", Sakura called out. "Yes?", answered Chaeyeon.

"Let's meet up tonight, at the usual. I have something important to tell you."

"Yeah, sure! At what time?"
"Around 7:30, after we clean up and get ready"

"Ah, got it. See ya!"

"See you too!"

And they parted ways, towards their homes. The both of them got ready quickly and went to their "usual". It was a creperia, Ichigo Crepes to be exact. They always hanged out there together, even during the holidays and after a day of idol activities. After taking a seat and ordering, they went to Sakura's important matter.

"Um, I'll be going to Korea soon. I joined some kind of survival-reality show there, Produce 48.", Sakura blurted.

"Produce 48? Korea? Wow! Congratulations Saku-chan! That's amazing!"
"Well, thank you. But.. I'm not that confident in myself, I mean, sure I've been lots of reality shows like AKBingo and such, but, I'm pretty sure this is different. It's a thing in Korea, right? To produce an idol group through survival shows-", Sakura went on with a worried tone and look on her face.

"Shh. Saku-chan, I believe in you. Come on! You're an ace member of HKT and also AKB! I'm sure you'll capture the eyes of the audiences there!", Chaeyeon assured.

"Umm.... I guess so. Thanks, Chae-chan.", Sakura said with a slight smile of relief. "Anyways, your agency sending any trainees for the show?"

"Well, sadly, no, I guess", Chaeyeon sighed.

They had a conversation, in another topic, as their food arrived. Chaeyeon was really happy for Sakura, though she didn't get to join the so-called "Produce 48". Either that, or she never thought of what's going to happen next...